Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another eBay find... That I didn't buy.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
I was pondering the purchase of this eBay vintage jacket. The reason I DIDN'T buy it was because the sleeves were too short. After looking at the final sale price, I don't feel too bad. I'm saving up for an Aero, so any other random purchases will delay my goal. Still, it was a nice looking jacket!

If anyone on here bought it, I'd love to see pictures, and to know if the sleeves were as short as they said they were (they LOOK like they're longer in the picture)!

Details:
Starting price: $187.00
Final sale price: $307.51

Measurements, per the listing:
- sleeve length from the top of the shoulder to the end of the sleeve is 24"
- the chest from arm pit to armpit in the front is 22 1/2"
- shoulder from point to point is 19"
- shoulder from collar to point 6 1/2"
- full length back from top to to bottom 26"

Picture3-1.png
Picture2-1.png

Picture4.png
Picture5.png

Picture6.png
Picture7.png

Picture8.png
Picture9.png

Picture10.png

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
I noticed this one too. Very nice. I wonder what its age is? The sleeves do look at least an inch longer than indicated, but they must have measured. Interesting to see if anyone has it.

juan

New in Town
I was watching that jacket too, but I am saving for some other things, so once it got that high, I gave up on it.

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
It is a nice jacket but I look at it this way. For only a "little" bit more money I can have one made for me by Vanson/Schott (Not Aero, a lot more money) and have a jacket that I know will fit and look like I want it.

I'm not one to knock vintage, but when the price gets about $300 I gotta look into getting something else that isn't a gamble.

Just my opinion. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this one.

767fo

One of the Regulars
John Chapman at Goodwear Leather makes the same jacket and it is called the Californian Ventura. The only difference I see is he has a strap and buckle on the sleeves and waist. He builds a beautiful jacket.

juan

New in Town
Aaronlowe said:
It is a nice jacket but I look at it this way. For only a "little" bit more money I can have one made for me by Vanson/Schott (Not Aero, a lot more money) and have a jacket that I know will fit and look like I want it.

I'm not one to knock vintage, but when the price gets about $300 I gotta look into getting something else that isn't a gamble.

Just my opinion. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this one.
Honestly, that is exactly how I feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points