Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another masterpiece

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I had the fourtune today to see another Art Fawcett creation . I haven't seen a hat like this in a long time . The back bow was sewn on perfectly . This is something that I haven't seen an any modern hat at all . His hats realy are worth the money . Save up for one , it's will be the nicest hat you will own .

Steven

:)

Acidshort

New in Town
what is the function of the back bow? I noticed on my Como that the bow is kinda flimsy and almost looks like it is about to fall off... i didnt really know why it was there...

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
By the bow , I mean the bow that is normally on the side of the hat. Back in the 1920's and 1930's , bows were put on the back of the hat as well. You might be referring to the windcord that is sewn into the hat .

Steven

You're absolutely right, besdor. Art is a fine craftsman who gives his customers their money's worth and then some. And he's a darn pleasant guy, too.
Every now and then (not often enough) we encounter a person whose approach to his work and his fellow person is worthy of emulation. Art Fawcett is such a person. My life is better for having made his acquaintance, even if it was only by email and telephone.
Oh, and I got a really, really nice hat out of the deal, too. And I'll get another, provided all you worthless sons of b*#$&es don't swamp him with work.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A work of ART

Art is a dirty snake!:D I just paid via Pay Pal for a hat he "saved" for me from a while back. He has threatened to withold shipping UNLESS I drive to Oregon and pick it up in person!:eek: lol lol lol lol :p

Ok, ART makes, in my humble and great inexperienced opinion, the BEST modern hat BAR NONE. No slight on anyone else, just MHO.

His bound edges are sharp and even, the bow's are properly "curved" when ironed, and they are sewn in with care and perfection. The sweatbands are also high quality, and professionally installed.

So, I await my MANHATTAN pure beaver. Art....the blackmailer....has me in the grip of his hand!;)

WEEGEE

Practically Family
If only one...

Show me a lounge member with only one hat who regularly posts in the hat
forum???

Well...if i could only own ONE hat it would be one of Art's.

Andykev--
Art is a dirty snake! I just paid via Pay Pal for a hat he "saved" for me from a while back. He has threatened to withold shipping UNLESS I drive to Oregon and pick it up in person!

Would love to visit Art...though I am only two hours away from Steven at
Bencraft Hats and have not been able to get to the City in some time.

regards,

WeeGee

analogist

One of the Regulars
A MASTERPIECE REDUX

The best thing about this thread is that we are praising the finest custom hatter in Eagle Point, the top customer of the Butte Falls Post Office, ad nauseam while he is still alive and kicking and is able so to speak to be a participant at his own wake.

Let's toss one back to one hell of a guy, devoted to his craft, filled with pride and love for his family......STOP!!!!

If you love hats, and since you are here at the Lounge you do, Art is as good as it gets. I am fortunate to own a couple VS hats, and will be getting one soon which I can honestly say we collaborated in its inception, design and research. The construction is now his job.

Loungers, do yourself a favor, save your pocket change, give Art a call and you will own one hell of a hat from a guy who is easy on the ears.

analogist

Razzman

One Too Many
I must agree will you all. I have had opportunity to talk with Art on several occasions. Art is a great guy. :eusa_clap He is honest and down to earth. He will listen to you and give advise. Honest advise. If your hat doesn't need work, Art will tell you. Oh, and by the way his finished product is top notch. I have one of his Cuenco Fino hats. Now, I am saving my $$$ for an Art Fawcett custom hat.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOW!!

Thank you so much Besdor. You used the word "masterpiece" in another thread and it made my day!!!! For those that aren't aware please know that Besdor is 3rd generation hatter who handles more hats in one year than I have in my entire career. Bencraft is known not only nationally, but world wide and Besdor dines with heads of hat companies ( including Borsalino) regularly. When he speaks...please listen, I do!!

Andy, your hostage was released on Friday....check your mail today.)))

Analogist, what can I say? Folks, this man let's me play with design & color combinations, styles of all eras, and is being very modest in terms of his collection. He already has about a dozen of my creations, most of which we designed together!!

WeeGee...take a bow!! Also a multiple VS hat owner and also a friend that I listen to for design inspiration.

Thank you all Gentlemen. I have no real idea why this thread was started but it sure feels good. Thank you

While we're at it. . .

As long as we're on the subject of the great people one finds hanging out in the Lounge:

Living in Brooklyn, I am a regular and happy customer of both Bencrafts, but earlier today I had the pleasure of finally meeting Besdor face-to-face. He was kind enough to take personal charge of trimming the brim of my "evening" hat -- a velour finish Habig that goes nicely with a Chesterfield coat. As many of you know, Besdor is a delightful guy, and he happily wasted a few minutes out of a busy day to chitchat about the Lounge, Art's hats and the hat business generally.

Three cheers then to Art, Fedora Lover, Panama Bob, Besdor and others, all of whom do such a great job of keeping us in hats!

Sardou

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy