Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another New Guy

jharrell

New in Town
Hello all,
I'm another one new to the forum. Just wanted to say hi to all the members.

I currently wear a Stetson Downs in graphite. I like the Downs because for me it works as a casual hat. (I don't get dressed up very often!) I'm also starting to get the itch for an Optimo or Art Fawcett hat in the near future.
Now that I think about it I need a new Panama as well. (Now that I think about it I have more hats on the wish list than I thought!)

Anyway, hello all. Hope to post some photos in the future.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Welcome! A VS is kinder on the wallet than an Optimo, and right up there in quality and individuality, and panamabob can sort you out in time for summer with a custom made Panama...2010 looks like it will be a better year than 2009, so you are at the right place at the right time!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Welcome to the Lounge!

Make some room in the house now, or you will have hats laying around on every flat surface. You will take a count and you'll have a dozen hats and say "How did THIS happen!!??" :D

jharrell

New in Town
daizawaguy said:
Welcome! A VS is kinder on the wallet than an Optimo, and right up there in quality and individuality, and panamabob can sort you out in time for summer with a custom made Panama...2010 looks like it will be a better year than 2009, so you are at the right place at the right time!

I'm already ahead of you on panamabob. I contacted him earlier in the week. I need the new Panama by the third week of Feb. for vacation. Thanks,

barrowjh

One Too Many
Panamabob is very reasonable with prices, and that is at least partially due to the fact that he does not carry an inventory, so it is difficult for him (or any custom hatter) to meet a tight deadline. Indianapolis is not too far North of Nashville; you might want to participate in the Monteagle get-together this March 19-20, featuring the annual tour of the Winchester felting operation on Friday morning the 19th. Look for it in the Events BB.

Insp. Bumstead

New in Town
Hi fellow Indianapolis-ian! If you make it up to Chicago anytime be sure not to miss Hats Plus: www.hats-plus.com

The customer service is very good, it's not intimidating to beginners, and they have a good selection of straw hats and modern fur fedoras.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff