Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another New Hwyman...with Questions...

bobjones

A-List Customer
Creeping Past said:
Mine fits with the sides buckled tight, but I've lost about 7 pounds since I ordered it./You did the right thing sending the jacket back. If you ordered a jacket without storm cuffs and it arrived with storm cuffs, they sent you the wrong item. I hope all goes well the second time round.

Thanks for your thoughts, CP.

After speaking with Will I sent it back as he thought a new one would need to be made. There is no sensible way to re-size a jacket, as some of the panels would be out of proportion, let alone that the lining would need to be removed and replaced anyway.

I am a little bummed, as the fit was so close to perfect, and I am hopeful that Aero can make a new one that looks as good, if only a tiny bit bigger.

They must have an amazing inventory of brown FQHH right now, as the jacket hide was gorgeous, with attractive variations, and even the lining looked better than I thought it would. The Hwyman is a superb product, and looks better on me than any jacket I've tried on.

Norwayman

New in Town
bobjones said:
Well, I was hoping removing the cuffs would be a simple job, but if it isn't there is no way I would bring it to some local tailor to screw around with. Either its a basic "cut the thread and the cuffs come out" or it will require Galashiels surgery.

As for "growing outward" as I age, that's what my Stockman is for - that's got plenty of room for it, I just figured that the Hwyman would be my last, fitted jacket before I got too old to wear one and not look silly with a big bulging tire so many "elders" get in their 50s...and have to wear a long car-type coat to hide it.

Maybe I can give you an advice about the storm cuffs : Soak them in warm
water, and put a "big" bottle (ex. a vine bottle) inside the arm - push the bottle down and through the cuff so it expand to maximum.
Let the cuffs dry, take the bottles out, put the jacket on - and you will not notice the cuffs anymore.....;) ;)

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Just a question about the Highwayman.. I know a lot of guys wear them as moto jackets. Does the absence of a bi-swing back make it difficult to reach forward towards the handlebars? My experience with heavy leathers that have no bi-swing is that arm movement up and forward may be limited.

Tommer

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
univibe88 said:
You can get the highwayman with a biswing if you want.

Yes I know, but most of the ones I've seen don't have the bi-swing. Just curious if the standard version is restrictive at all.

Tommer

bobjones

A-List Customer
Tommer45 said:
Yes I know, but most of the ones I've seen don't have the bi-swing. Just curious if the standard version is restrictive at all.

Tommer

I'll forgive you for hijacking my thread ;)

I had mine for all of 24 hours, but tried it on probably 45 times to make sure it was too small. But one thing it did not feel was too restrictive regarding the arm movements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore