Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Request... White Brogue Shoes???

Twinkle

Familiar Face
Anyone know where I can get a pair??.... Trickers made some for Topshop last season (only available in the Oxford St Store)... however they didn't have any left in the Logsters size (UK 13).... Another day of a disheartened beau :(

So he is now on the rampant look out for a pair of goodyear welted, white matt leather brogue shoes in a UK 13....... :rolleyes:

I've tried to contact Trickers direct, but they haven't been helpful... Just wondered if anyone had seen any on their travels on the internet or in shops....

Thanks

Estelle :)

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
The only ones I know of are Peal & Co. white buckskin wingtips sold by Brooks Brothers, and they're fairly expensive--US$428.

If any of the English makers has a shoe with white leather in their line, they might stock it and be able to do a made-to-order wingtip in that leather. Trickers, Church's, Cheaney, Loake, Alfred Sargent, Crockett and Jones--you might check around with some of these.

Another option might be Magnoli Clothiers, who do custom shoes for around US$275. The proprietor, Indy Magnoli, is a member here, and I'm sure he'd love to work with you.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Advice on all the fine English Shoemakers.

Many of you may not know/realise this, but many of the BIG companies in Northamptonshire have factory shops beside the factory, where they sell off trial lines or slight seconds at half price. Give them a call!

Salv

One Too Many
Not Goodyear welted, and quite lightweight, but these at least come in a size 13 and aren't too expensive - white brogues from Johnson Shoemakers at £85 +£5 postage:

DSC01157.jpg

nightandthecity

Practically Family
I'm pretty sure that none of the Northampton companies do a white shoe in their normal line, but several do - or have done - white shoes as specials for other retailers. These bucks made by Sargent for Schuh are my faves, near dead ringers for a 1930s pair...check that pointy toe! Some lucky guy got these for £20...i wasn't looking at the time....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALFRED-SARGEN...oryZ1262QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But if you are set on BROGUES then check this lady's listings: she often has these white brogue boots made by Trickers for Paul Smith.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trickers-for-...16QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1262QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

nightandthecity

Practically Family
PADDY said:
Many of you may not know/realise this, but many of the BIG companies in Northamptonshire have factory shops beside the factory, where they sell off trial lines or slight seconds at half price. Give them a call!

dammit Paddy stop giving away my secrets!!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Paul Smith White Brogues

I have sen them selling on the 'Bay becasue I remember telling my kids who thought they were very cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic