Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another RMC J-100 Thread - Am I obsessed?

el_gato

Familiar Face
As promised heres the pics. Botched the closed DD J-100 and opened RMC J-100 pics (all blurry) - Oh well… Guess this has to suffice :D

RMC:

As I said, imo the RMC fits perfect. Nice and snug.

Daves jacket is slightly loose in the chest area and about 1/2-1 inch too long. With a thick layer underneath tho its a good fit.

Daves:

The RMC is black while the DD is tea core.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Both are nice, but i have to say i prefer the bottom of the DD! To me the RMC is to square, the DD is pointier.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Love the RMC fit, notwithstanding the slightly square shoulder (mine is the same).

The DD jacket is too wide at the shoulders and too roomy in the chest; I also don't care for the excessive leather below the zipper end (although that may be consistent with the original).

A-1

One Too Many
I like both, but prefer the rmc. I love how it fits you perfectly. It's a super great fit!

el_gato

Familiar Face
The DD jacket is too wide at the shoulders and too roomy in the chest; I also don't care for the excessive leather below the zipper end (although that may be consistent with the original).

Exactly my thoughts. Thinking about having the DD shortened about 1" and maybe have the chest area tightened (don't know if that can be done). Or just wear it with layers underneath… Decisions decisions...

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just save the DD for layering. The extra layers will fill out the chest area and often the extra padding effectively "lifts" the jacket slightly as well. You now have a Buco for cold and warmer weather!

Justhandguns

Practically Family
El, if you can have a picture of the DD zipped, that would be cool.

I had been thinking of the RMC J100 for a while, but then DD came alive and I gave it a try. So far I am very glad with the purchase because the cutting distinguishes itself from any other cafe racers. If you look from a distance, the RMC J100 just looks like any ordinary cafe racer jackets with its shorter length and square shoulders, a bit like the Vanson Comet, which is, by the way, more than half of the price. I also bet that nobody can distinguish between the horse and the steer hide if they don't look at the tag, nor, nobody would ever know it has a Buco tag in there. But that is just my own assessment (sorry about that, RMC fan boys!).

el_gato

Familiar Face
Just save the DD for layering. The extra layers will fill out the chest area and often the extra padding effectively "lifts" the jacket slightly as well. You now have a Buco for cold and warmer weather!

I'm scared my jacket might get butchered, so thats holding me back. I'll be wearing the DD one with layers - For now :D

el_gato

Familiar Face
El, if you can have a picture of the DD zipped, that would be cool.

I had been thinking of the RMC J100 for a while, but then DD came alive and I gave it a try. So far I am very glad with the purchase because the cutting distinguishes itself from any other cafe racers. If you look from a distance, the RMC J100 just looks like any ordinary cafe racer jackets with its shorter length and square shoulders, a bit like the Vanson Comet, which is, by the way, more than half of the price. I also bet that nobody can distinguish between the horse and the steer hide if they don't look at the tag, nor, nobody would ever know it has a Buco tag in there. But that is just my own assessment (sorry about that, RMC fan boys!).

I'll try and take some zipped up pics these days.

You know... most people won't be able to tell the difference between a 100bucks mall jacket vs a DD J-100 either... We all do this for our own pleasure right? :)

Reactions: A-1

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I'm scared my jacket might get butchered, so thats holding me back. I'll be wearing the DD one with layers - For now :D

That jacket still looks brand new! Give it some time to break in and settle before you do anything to it.
Leather is forgiving when it comes to sizing, once it moulds to you it will look much better.

A-1

One Too Many
That jacket still looks brand new! Give it some time to break in and settle before you do anything to it.
Leather is forgiving when it comes to sizing, once it moulds to you it will look much better.

Think so, too! Give it some time.
Those are two very different cuts.

If it was mine, I wouldn’t keep both, but that’s just me. I try to slim down my collection. Don’t need that much stuff as all the good things wanna to be worn after all.

I know, I know, I’m sorry for the realistic views right here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner