Another sheene

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Fanch, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Fanch ole bean that is one fine lookin' jacket and it fits perfectly, even in the back. I find backs are notoriously hard to get right in photos. Well done.

Worf

2. wild_balls

wild_balls Practically Family

You have done it again Fanch, perfect fit!

Cheese Joakim

3. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

A lovely jacket by all accounts.
    I'm glad you were able to add a little width to the body. This cafe racer base pattern, without the shoulder gussets is actually quite wide up top & very slim through the body.
    Mine has broken in to be comfortable, but if I were to do it again, I would also have added a little through the body. Probably only 0.5" to each side panel.
    Lovely jacket Fanch.

4. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Nice jacket, superb fit. Well done Mr Fanch!

5. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie Call Me a Cab

Great jacket, one of the best fitting jackets I have seen around here, imho! Adding 2" to the waist is a smart idea which I'll have to keep in mind incase I ever order a Sheene. Also, I love the length of the jacket. May I ask how tall you are?

6. SpeedRcrX

SpeedRcrX One Too Many

Beautiful Sheene and nice fit, Fanch.

Well done Aero for the adjustments.

7. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

I am 6'2" and weigh ~185 lbs. 42" chest and 37" waist. Built like a stick - NOT V-shaped [huh]

8. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie Call Me a Cab

Haha, I feel you. I am 5'9", 180 pounds, 41" chest, 35" waist, yet overall appearance I am built straight up like a tree. I blame it on the gene pool, but it might be that my fondness of whiskey and dark chocolate play their part, too. :whistling shhhhhhhh

Anyway, thanks for the answer, this should help finding my own perfect fit. Comparing to the measurements you have given us, a size 42 with 26" body length and 2" added in the body would probably be my way to go.

9. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

With a 35" waist (assuming no "love handles" in the midsection), maybe only 1" added to the body, if that. [huh]

10. Edward

Edward Bartender

Looks great - perfect fit. I'm surprised a 42 is as big as 48" acros the chest - I'd have thought that would be a 44. Sounds like it's akin to the fit of a Highwayman on the shoulders, but more tapered from there down? Vicenza is a fantastic hide.

11. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Fanch - that may be the best jacket pic you've posted - and the bar is high! Winner for sure. And I hope you enjoy that trip! Post some pics when you're there if you can...so we can track the wear :lol:

12. pauleway

pauleway Practically Family

Wow, Perfect fit and nice job on the color selection, the russet is my favorite - congrats!

13. tnjyoung

tnjyoung A-List Customer

Superb! I really like the light brown color! Great fit!

14. Insomnia

Insomnia One of the Regulars

Very nice and superb fit and an excellent service from Aero.

15. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

Every-time I see a Sheene posted here I think "why don't I have one of those"?

16. Insomnia

Insomnia One of the Regulars

+1

17. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

If you are are able to nail the fit as in my case, there is no better design, look, and feel than the Sheene. ;)

18. Looks great, Fanch..!!
    Congrats
    HD

19. Chi-Town Co

Chi-Town Co Familiar Face

Excellent choice Fanch. I really like the Sheene design and it fits you like a glove. Olive drill would be my choice as well. It has a really clean look in the back with no shoulder gussets, no kidney panel and single yoke. This jacket almost doesn't look like it's modeled after the cafe racer. Really nice! if you ever need to thin the herd, I'm in the Dallas area myself.. just sayin'.

20. Roma

Roma A-List Customer

Great indeed. By the way, I went with the same lining for my Cafe racer.