Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another sheene

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Fanch ole bean that is one fine lookin' jacket and it fits perfectly, even in the back. I find backs are notoriously hard to get right in photos. Well done.

Worf

dan_t

Practically Family
A lovely jacket by all accounts.
I'm glad you were able to add a little width to the body. This cafe racer base pattern, without the shoulder gussets is actually quite wide up top & very slim through the body.
Mine has broken in to be comfortable, but if I were to do it again, I would also have added a little through the body. Probably only 0.5" to each side panel.
Lovely jacket Fanch.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Great jacket, one of the best fitting jackets I have seen around here, imho! Adding 2" to the waist is a smart idea which I'll have to keep in mind incase I ever order a Sheene. Also, I love the length of the jacket. May I ask how tall you are?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great jacket, one of the best fitting jackets I have seen around here, imho! Adding 2" to the waist is a smart idea which I'll have to keep in mind incase I ever order a Sheene. Also, I love the length of the jacket. May I ask how tall you are?

I am 6'2" and weigh ~185 lbs. 42" chest and 37" waist. Built like a stick - NOT V-shaped [huh]

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Haha, I feel you. I am 5'9", 180 pounds, 41" chest, 35" waist, yet overall appearance I am built straight up like a tree. I blame it on the gene pool, but it might be that my fondness of whiskey and dark chocolate play their part, too. :whistling shhhhhhhh

Anyway, thanks for the answer, this should help finding my own perfect fit. Comparing to the measurements you have given us, a size 42 with 26" body length and 2" added in the body would probably be my way to go.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
With a 35" waist (assuming no "love handles" in the midsection), maybe only 1" added to the body, if that. [huh]

Edward

Bartender
Looks great - perfect fit. I'm surprised a 42 is as big as 48" acros the chest - I'd have thought that would be a 44. Sounds like it's akin to the fit of a Highwayman on the shoulders, but more tapered from there down? Vicenza is a fantastic hide.

Fanch - that may be the best jacket pic you've posted - and the bar is high! Winner for sure. And I hope you enjoy that trip! Post some pics when you're there if you can...so we can track the wear :lol:

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Just prior to a HA cruise to the Norwegian fjords, we stayed in London for a few days, during which time I had arranged for a Sheene to be shipped by Aero to my hotel in London prior to sailing. Over the course of my vacation I was able to wear my new Sheene mainly while in Norway.

It is a size 42 with 2” added to the waist (1” added to each side panel) and has the following measurements:

Pit to pit – 24”
Waist – 21” (21.5” at the bottom)
Back – 27.25”
Shoulder – 19.5”
Sleeves- 27.25”

The skin is russet Vicenza horsehide with olive cotton drill lining throughout and antique brass zippers and leather toggles. It does not have shoulder gussets, only a single point rear yoke, and no kidney panel. The construction is flawless (thanks Julie Leitch) and fits exactly the way I like. I was greatly assisted with fit by a TFL member who is very similar to me in size and am indebted to him for his assistance.

View attachment 34996 View attachment 34997
View attachment 34998 View attachment 34999

The last picture probably best illustrates the color (in the sun). Speaking of the sun, I am now back in hot, sunny N Texas and am several weeks away from wearing my Sheene again.

Superb! I really like the light brown color! Great fit!

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Excellent choice Fanch. I really like the Sheene design and it fits you like a glove. Olive drill would be my choice as well. It has a really clean look in the back with no shoulder gussets, no kidney panel and single yoke. This jacket almost doesn't look like it's modeled after the cafe racer. Really nice! if you ever need to thin the herd, I'm in the Dallas area myself.. just sayin'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko