Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another TV legend dies

Michael Mallory

One of the Regulars
I was saddened to see this week that Howard Morris passed away. He was not exactly a household name, but had a notable career, starting with the Sid Caesar show in the early 50s, through the "Andy Griffith Show," in which he played "Ernest T. Bass," animated cartoons in the 60s (he was the voice of "Atom Ant") and later a directing career. I had the opportunity to meet him a few years ago and he was a funny, feisty little guy, NOTHING like Ernest T. (Then again, I had the opportunity to meet Hal Smith, who played "Otis the Town Drunk" on the Griffith Show some years back, and he was nothing like Otis either). There are too few truly funny people in the world today, and it seems that the ranks get smaller each month.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Television got up to steam in the late forties and early fifties. Those pioneers of the small screen are in their twilight years and are passing quickly.

It is sad to see them go. They were SO much more interesting than the current lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24