Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Wested, lambskin.

Feraud

Bartender
Here is a picture of my lambskin Wested. It is the 'authentic brown' and very comfortable. Had it about 7 months and I cannot wait for the weather to cool down to wear it again!

Luisiana Jones

New in Town
Where is it taken from, I lived in a town called Edgewater that was on the NJ side of the hudson for a year, maybe I know that place :p

Feraud

Bartender
Luisiana Jones said:
Where is it taken from, I lived in a town called Edgewater that was on the NJ side of the hudson for a year, maybe I know that place :p
I live in N.Y. so I am not well versed in N.J. towns. However, those pictures were taken at a road stop along the Palisades Pkwy. We were headed towards Camp Alpine for a Boy Scout event.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Nice jacket

Suits you nicely.
Are any of Wested's leathers more reddish/russet? Not out-and-out A-2 horsehide red, but just a little less flat brown?

Or do they attain a less flat color as they age?

Feraud

Bartender
I think the color/depth changes as the jacket ages. Some folks distress their jackets with nice results. I prefer to let time do the work for me. ;)

The cowhide, goat, lamb and horse have subtle color differences I think.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Got one just like it I've had for years. Excellent jacket.
Pictures look great- makes me want to move there!

matei

One Too Many
Very cool jacket. I'm considering going out to see yer man and place an order for one of those jackets - unless he has one in stock that suits me!

How are they in cold weather?

Feraud

Bartender
matei said:
Very cool jacket. I'm considering going out to see yer man and place an order for one of those jackets - unless he has one in stock that suits me!

How are they in cold weather?
Go for it Matei! As for the cold weather, I think it depends on how each person is affected by cold and how long you will be in it. Personally, I could wear my lambskin Wested with a long sleeve shirt, gloves, scarf and hat in temperatures to approx. 35-40F. I would not go Winter camping in it! :)

Like I said, it depends on the person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails