Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any experience with Footskins Moccasin walking boots ?

TLW '90

Practically Family
I have a pair of their sheepskin Moccasin slippers and absolutely love them.
Well priced, comfortable ,good quality for the money, and American made.
tdqm-4400s2.jpg

I recently saw these on their site and thought they might make a good light duty day off kinda boot.
Really I just think they're cooler looking than the typical moc toe work boot because they're a true moccasin construction.
mppq-1540.jpg

Based on my experience with their slippers I expect this to be a relatively supple comfortable leather, but I don't know what the footbed is like.
They're just basically a moccasin with a rubber sole sewn directly to the bottom with no kind of additional footbed or support structure added but you do get a removable cushion insole.
I may replace that with a simple leather insole.
apvi-540brsole.jpg

For the price ( about $200 for the least expensive option) I'm probably going to order a pair ,but figured I'd ask here first in case somebody has experienced any good reasons to avoid them.

Last edited:

TLW '90

Practically Family
I just went ahead and ordered a pair,I went with the cowhide in their saddle color.

I will update here and there on the boots in case anybody is interested, I could find no information or reviews online myself.

At $214 shipped for a boot made 100% in the USA ( theres not much to a Moccasin) I'm not sure what to expect, my slippers seem like maybe a corrected grain with a coating?
Those are their " deertan " though, and I'm not positive what that is but I think it's made to replicate deerskin.
Their cowhide may be completely different, maybe the fact that they're essentially a Moccasin with a sole added keeps the cost lower ?
Either way I'm not expecting the worlds nicest leather for the money, but I had to try a pair out.

Last edited:

bobbyjr

New in Town
I just went ahead and ordered a pair,I went with the cowhide in their saddle color.

I will update here and there on the boots in case anybody is interested, I could find no information or reviews online myself.

At $214 shipped for a boot made 100% in the USA ( theres not much to a Moccasin) I'm not sure what to expect, my slippers seem like maybe a corrected grain with a coating?
Those are their " deertan " though, and I'm not positive what that is but I think it's made to replicate deerskin.
Their cowhide may be completely different, maybe the fact that they're essentially a Moccasin with a sole added keeps the cost lower ?
Either way I'm not expecting the worlds nicest leather for the money, but I had to try a pair out.
Decent price, so give us a review once you worn 'em couple o' times! Not looking bad from photoes to be honest

TLW '90

Practically Family
Decent price, so give us a review once you worn 'em couple o' times! Not looking bad from photoes to be honest
Will do.
They're currently running a couple weeks behind on production so it'll be a bit.
It's alsi a triple digit norcal summer right now so I'm not sure I can do much more then try to break 'em in once they arrive.

TLW '90

Practically Family
They finally just shipped.
It's only been two weeks though, so really it hasn't been that long.
I have waited far longer for other things to be made.

TLW '90

Practically Family
They arrived today and I'm quite happy.
The leather has gotta be about 6oz, but it's the softest most supple leather you could imagine.
Like a well broken in old baseball glove.
20220801_104509.jpg

Just look how easily it can form around your toes.
20220801_113105.jpg

There is some pull up to the leather, but not a ton.
20220801_112906.jpg

They're very lightweight, and the soft supple leather combined with the cushy insole and squishy foam rubber outsole are gonna be a match made in heaven.
I need to break them in at the toe box some , but other than that the leather conforms around my foot so easily.
20220801_112808.jpg

20220801_112750.jpg

My one concern is that if somebody has particularly wide feet I can see your pinky toe hanging over the side.
That may not matter though with a Moccasin construction since the leather is essentially folded up around your foot.
They aren't going to be heavy duty I wouldn't say, but the name " walking boots " sure seems appropriate.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I've been wearing these boots as much as I can the past 2 weeks to assess them, and I am very happy.
They're very lightweight and comfortable, the outsoles are very soft stepping & bouncy, and they breathe fairly well.

The dense EVA like outsoles may not be very durable and hard wearing ( easily resoleable though ), but they're extremely comfortable.
The biggest thing is that they aren't hiding what they are, but part of that may be the lack of marketing involved.
These aren't hiding any cost cutting manmade substitutes while failing to maintain the boot like characteristics they represent themselves to have like many options out there.

They are just a stout yet extremely supple leather with a cushy dual material insole ( glued in for some reason ), and a bouncy dense foam outsole sewn on.
Walking boot really does sum it up well, comfortable walking is their game.

Reactions: Zoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk