Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Love For Those Cheap Old Fidelity Leathers?

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Hard to beat the price point of the Fidelity jackets on the used market. Most seem to go in the $75-$140 range and they’re actually pretty decent jackets. I was on quite a cafe racer (I know some hate the term) hunt for awhile and had five or six come and go during the search. Kind of cool that you can buy them, wear them for a bit and get a feel for what works and what doesn’t, and then get your money right back. Here’s some that spent a little time here before continuing their journey.

Attachments

• IMG_3353.png
    IMG_3353.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3358.png
    IMG_3358.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3355.png
    IMG_3355.png
    6.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3356.png
    IMG_3356.png
    6.9 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3357.png
    IMG_3357.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3354.png
    IMG_3354.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 44

Nacho

Practically Family
Hard to beat the price point of the Fidelity jackets on the used market. Most seem to go in the $75-$140 range and they’re actually pretty decent jackets. I was on quite a cafe racer (I know some hate the term) hunt for awhile and had five or six come and go during the search. Kind of cool that you can buy them, wear them for a bit and get a feel for what works and what doesn’t, and then get your money right back. Here’s some that spent a little time here before continuing their journey.
Does any of yours (if you still keep ‘em) develop the red undertone similar to Justin Theroux’s jacket?

Mine is out for delivery. Will update the thread upon arrival. I've had a few cop coats from Fidelity and they fit really well, curious about the M/C pattern.

Observe

One Too Many
Here's an old Fidelity that doesn't seem cheap.

"Breathe easy. Returns accepted."

You won't be breathing easy after inhaling all those mold spores. An utter petri dish of a jacket.

Perhaps the seller is looking to cover the medical costs associated with chronic exposure to this jacket; it would explain the price he's asking for.

Well I’m not a fan of the IR. The pattern just doesn’t work for me. It reminds me to some degree of an egg. The body is just too bulbous. Lots of taper but just way too much gut.
The length is good but I find the body of the jacket is just a sack of sorts.
IMG_8899.jpeg
IMG_8741.jpeg

On its way back as I know I won’t wear it. Leather is actually decent. But I just don’t care for the cut at all.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Well I’m not a fan of the IR. The pattern just doesn’t work for me. It reminds me to some degree of an egg. The body is just too bulbous. Lots of taper but just way too much gut.
The length is good but I find the body of the jacket is just a sack of sorts. View attachment 536947 View attachment 536948
On its way back as I know I won’t wear it. Leather is actually decent. But I just don’t care for the cut at all.
The back looks pretty good actually, but the front is hanging a bit.

The back looks pretty good actually, but the front is hanging a bit.
Yeah there’s no shape to it at all. Just a sack jacket. I’d say for $70 it’s a great buy, but I’d rather have two pizzas than this jacket so I’ll get my $70 back and parlay the funds into a couple Jet’s pies. LOL. I do feel the spark for a cross zip again, this just ain’t it. Reminds me very much of Hh and his beetle egg jacket.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Yeah there’s no shape to it at all. Just a sack jacket. I’d say for $70 it’s a great buy, but I’d rather have two pizzas than this jacket so I’ll get my $70 back and parlay the funds into a couple Jet’s pies. LOL. I do feel the spark for a cross zip again, this just ain’t it. Reminds me very much of Hh and his beetle egg jacket.
A nice grainy 80s Vanson C2 has your name on it. Wait, it really does, you had it and sold it...;)

A nice grainy 80s Vanson C2 has your name on it. Wait, it really does, you had it and sold it...;)
That’s the thing. Looking back. How can I be happy with this Fidelity given….
IMG_8849.jpeg
IMG_8850.jpeg
IMG_3792.jpeg
IMG_8663.jpeg
IMG_8407.jpeg
IMG_8283.jpeg

IMG_2568.jpeg

IMG_2271.jpeg

To name a few. I didn’t keep any of these so why on earth would I keep the Fidelity? I think cross zips in particular are a style I just can’t quite be very happy with. I can’t figure it out. I love the style but can’t seem to settle into it.

Attachments

• IMG_7822.jpeg
    IMG_7822.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1988.jpeg
    IMG_1988.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 41

Bad Guitarist

Familiar Face
While I'm a big fan of their Cafe jackets, their Brando style coats don't seem to fit anywhere near as well on me.

The beetle egg lol. The Vanson, Bates and LW have the mojo. I can’t wait for this TX summer to be in the rear view. I miss my LWs.

@ton312 You got me thinking of my Fidelity. Quick snap shot prior to my heading out. I was going to say I am more squat than you, being a few inches shorter, bit eff that, I’m more compact lol.

IMG_3603.jpeg

I wish the Steerhide version was still in my closet. To compare with this one. I think my brudda has it now.

@ton312 You got me thinking of my Fidelity. Quick snap shot prior to my heading out. I was going to say I am more squat than you, being a few inches shorter, bit eff that, I’m more compact lol.

View attachment 537050

I wish the Steerhide version was still in my closet. To compare with this one. I think my brudda has it now.
That looks far more tailored through the body! Also, at least 10x better leather.

That looks far more tailored through the body! Also, at least 10x better leather.

This Fidelity HH is one of my favorites. A bit of a sheen, nice water resistance, nice grain potential and the red undertones.

Similar finish to the steer versions I owned but not overly done, at least on this hide.

This Fidelity HH is one of my favorites. A bit of a sheen, nice water resistance, nice grain potential and the red undertones.

Similar finish to the steer versions I owned but not overly done, at least on this hide.
Better collar too. The one I sent back was really small.
IMG_8751.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner