Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any opinions on Schott 571 Mission unlined jackets..

pam1950

New in Town
Hi....long time I've been here. Thanks for having me back again! sorry to dig this thread out of its grave but I'd welcome some guidance. I really love this Schott P571 jacket, mostly because of the fit, the simple design, and the type of leather (lightweight for spring/summer, waxy). But the unlined aspect is a no-go for me...
is there any slim fitted jacket, simplistic in design and lightweight leather from another brand that i could consider?
or I may go the custom route as I did in the past but unfortunately Aero Leather only offers mid- to heavy-weight leathers. Are there other (good) leather jacket makers I could contact for a custom order?
thank you in advance :)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Hi....long time I've been here. Thanks for having me back again! sorry to dig this thread out of its grave but I'd welcome some guidance. I really love this Schott P571 jacket, mostly because of the fit, the simple design, and the type of leather (lightweight for spring/summer, waxy). But the unlined aspect is a no-go for me...
is there any slim fitted jacket, simplistic in design and lightweight leather from another brand that i could consider?
or I may go the custom route as I did in the past but unfortunately Aero Leather only offers mid- to heavy-weight leathers. Are there other (good) leather jacket makers I could contact for a custom order?
thank you in advance :)

Any leather jacket maker can make this, just ask for leather that is no heavier than 2oz. In the US Johnson Leathers can make you a wonderful product.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Jerri Reyes at Schott advised me a year ago that this jacket is made from 2oz hide. So it is pretty light. I would go no heavier than 2.2oz if I were trying to replicate the easy wearing nature of this for summer. Once you get to 2.5oz, you start to get to a more robust thickness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy