Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any original Buco J-100 experts?

There is something weird going on with the Cafe Racer...
It is a style that is always linked to the Ton-up Boys, and british motorcycling industry, i mean it is even named after a british thing. Yet if you google search "Ton-up boys" i dare you to find an old picture of a british rider wearing a mandarin style collar.
Most motorcycle riders in the UK in the 50s 60s and 70s wore cross zips or Dominator style jackets, sometimes even waxed cotton.

Look at the Lewis Leather website, all the jackets from that era have collars (other than the Universal racer mk I & II), the Super Sportsman which we would call their first "real" Cafe Racer is from 73 and most other mandarin collar styles they make are form the mid 70s and 80s.

To me the older OG style Cafe Racer is much more an American design, Buco, Taubers, Brooks, Kehoe, Beck, the list goes on and on! So why did this style get a British name, when was it given that name, is that a modern thing? @Edward for some reason i think you would know about that...

Anyway, here is my DD:

J5Y2psY.jpg

This jacket still fits you very, very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner