Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody 5ft 6' to 5"7 with 23" leather jacket length

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
Does anybody who is 5ft 6' to 5"7 have a leather jacket with a 23"back length on a jacket without a waistband.
Looking to get a 30s style royale from aero, the 38 is 24" long but that is based on a 5ft 10' height, I'm 5ft 6"

John Lukich

New in Town
Does anybody who is 5ft 6' to 5"7 have a leather jacket with a 23"back length on a jacket without a waistband.
Looking to get a 30s style royale from aero, the 38 is 24" long but that is based on a 5ft 10' height, I'm 5ft 6"
I'm 5'6", and the CR I'm wearing here has a 24" length.

d61ce006abd07a952d1f517f63fa381f.jpg

a25e541aeee03964a756602206ced827.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mich486

One Too Many
I’m 5’7” and the shortest of my jackets is 23.5”. So yes I think it could work but a big if is the front length and how the pattern sits. If the front rides up it might look too short when the back is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
The only jackets I have that are 23" are levis big E and they are okay but it's not the same as seeing a leather jacket.
The Royale is supposed to be short as it's a 30s cut, I do wear my jeans high but if you can see the your belt on the front for me thats too high.
But too long and I think the look of the jacket will be lost.
I'm getting cordovan horween vermont horsehide which is pretty soft and should drape well.
Ken had some vermont which was a sample roll so it won't add 75 quid to the base cost like the italian horeshide would.

380534cee144a751_Royale front close-500.jpg

65955420721a5a72_Royalitalianrussetback-500.jpg

81355420704edec5_Royaleitalianrusset-500.jpg

Aero_Royale_back.jpg

Aero_Royale_front_FINAL.jpg

AEROAW18-1-2.jpg

fresco-leather-18-2.jpg

Last edited:

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Dino Martino so what Aero "model" is that ? Has shades of an Aviator jacket minus the "elastics".

I am presuming from your posts it is a "Royale" ?

I have just recently received my second Aero Highwayman ( very very lightly used from Russia I kid you not !)

Sold my first used ex-UK purchase which was a "custom fit" (for someone else!)

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
Dino Martino so what Aero "model" is that ? Has shades of an Aviator jacket minus the "elastics".

I am presuming from your posts it is a "Royale" ?

I have just recently received my second Aero Highwayman ( very very lightly used from Russia I kid you not !)

Sold my first used ex-UK purchase which was a "custom fit" (for someone else!)

Royale
I think you are in Perth in the northern suburbs?
Seen your ads in gumtree thats how I know if thats you.
One of their lessor known jackets, maybe being known as a golf jacket puts people off.
According to Aero most go to Scandinavia.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The Royal is one of the original adventurer/outdoors jackets and it led to the development of the A1 and later the A2 jacket. If Indiana Jones had worn a period accurate jacket it might have been the Royal.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Yessir that's me in the Northern suburbs. Where are you located ?

Mr Gumtree haha...sold that first used Aero I mentioned to a Finish guy long resident in Melbourne and it fitted him perfectly

This latest acquisition is indeed very very nice , an off the rack Blue label from the classifieds here on FL.

Very slightly "too big" (compared to my Schott collection !) but the Highwayman "runs big" I am assured.

I wore it to Little Creatures in Fremantle a couple of Sundays ago and I was the coolest (old !) guy in the place haha..

Shoulda got a 42" mebbe , but cant bring myself to hit "Buy it Now" and have a "too wee" jacket arrive in Perth.

New Aero prices, to me in Australia , with an automatic 10% GST are now beyond thinking about !

I do have an almost new NOS Schott "police jacket" that may fit you as it happens ( on Gumtree of course !)

And yes the term "Golf Jacket" would give me the chunder/downunder but I likes that jacket !

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
Yessir that's me in the Northern suburbs. Where are you located ?

Mr Gumtree haha...sold that first used Aero I mentioned to a Finish guy long resident in Melbourne and it fitted him perfectly

This latest acquisition is indeed very very nice , an off the rack Blue label from the classifieds here on FL.

Very slightly "too big" (compared to my Schott collection !) but the Highwayman "runs big" I am assured.

I wore it to Little Creatures in Fremantle a couple of Sundays ago and I was the coolest (old !) guy in the place haha..

Shoulda got a 42" mebbe , but cant bring myself to hit "Buy it Now" and have a "too wee" jacket arrive in Perth.

New Aero prices, to me in Australia , with an automatic 10% GST are now beyond thinking about !

I do have an almost new NOS Schott "police jacket" that may fit you as it happens ( on Gumtree of course !)

And yes the term "Golf Jacket" would give me the chunder/downunder but I likes that jacket !

I'm in Balga

The GST for overseas purchases is a complete joke, imposed on us by Gerry Norman and other retailers lobbying their liberal party govt. mates. [ contrary to what their name suggests the liberal party here is the right wing conservative party]
They did a study and it turns out about %98 of all goods bought on the internet from overseas have a value of less than $100 so it would cost the govt more to collect the tax than the actual revenue they would receive.
So they got around that by making ebay, amazon and the other big online retailers charge Australian customers the %10 at the point of sale if they want to still be able to business here thus taking the cost of collecting the tax off the govt.
An overseas business that sells more than $75,000 of goods here is supposed to register with the govt and collect the tax themselves and then remit the govt the money, how did they think they could ever enforce that, how are they gong to prosecute a company in China or anywhere else that does not register, its farcical.
So the situation is by law you do no have to pay it at all unless it is one of the big players that actually charges you when you buy as there is no means by which the govt can actually collect the money without making a loss, you will only pay if the company is registered with the federal govt.
That applies for anything under $1000
For over $1000 from an unregistered source you have to fill out a customs form which costs $58
You then get charged %10 on the item cost, the shipping, any other cost that is involved with sending it here and the $58 for the form.
The truly fxxxxd up part of the new law is this.

Customs duty refunds and drawbacks
Legislation does not allow a refund of customs duty you have paid on imported goods if you return them to the supplier because:
  • you change your mind
  • they don’t fit
  • you do not like them

So you buy a new aero and you have to send it back get the sleeves shortened you will have to pay the GST again when the the jacket comes back to Australia.
So like everybody else I don't like paying tax but we all have to thats life, but what I do object to is maybe having to pay twice.
The only way around it is to have somebody in England mail the jacket.
If the declaration on the parcel is over $1000 the post office will not release the parcel until the GST is paid, they get you to fill out the customs form.

Goods with a customs value of A$1,000 or less (referred to as low value goods) that you purchase from overseas may now include goods and services tax (GST).

GST will apply at the point of sale in the same way it does when you buy goods from a business in Australia.

• For goods with a value of AUD1000 or less, there are generally no duties, taxes or charges to pay at the border.
    • However, From 1 July 2018, the Goods and Services Tax (GST) may be collected by overseas vendors of such low value goods when imported from overseas by consumers in Australia. GST will be charged at the point of sale and not at the border.

When you purchase low value goods online you may notice GST:

• included in the advertised price
  • added at the checkout
  • included on your receipt or order confirmation.
When you purchase goods sourced from overseas, shipping and/or insurance costs form part of the price of the delivered goods on which GST is calculated.

Not all purchases will include GST. Similar to sales from merchants within Australia, some overseas suppliers may not be required to register for GST because they don't reach the A$75,000 GST registration threshold.

Last edited:

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Yowzah ! Thanks for the specific insight.

All I was aware of personally is that all of a sudden I was being charged GST by eBay/Paypal when I was buying USED and sometimes quite OLD jackets ex-US or UK.

Very hard ( Impossible ?) to avoid when buying from eBay US or eBay UK now so I am probably over it !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner