Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody got a thunderbird lighter?

shortbow

Practically Family
Hey, the guy I get my pipes from is advertising a butane lighter called the Thunderbird made by a company called Vector. They are specifically meant for cigars and pipes and they look exactly like a Zippo and the insert will fit a real Zippo case. They are very inexpensive, but advertised as being brilliant performers.

Anyone have one? Critiques?

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I have one. Only used it for a couple of months, before I went back to my Zippo. Too many misfires. For the price, it is what it is ... a half decent lighter, but nothing special.

hag

New in Town
Butane lighters all require TLC. Cigar Intl. sends a nice "how to" with every shipment; it is probably available on their web-site.

shortbow

Practically Family
Thanks Gents. I think I'll probably try one, just the insert to put in my Zippo case. I really like Zippos but they ruin the taste of pipe tobacco. This might be the best of both worlds. They're cheap enough to give them a go and see what's what.

Big_e

Practically Family
In spite of the valued advice given above, I may get one anyway. I do like that they look like the vintage zippos.
Ernest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy