Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody have experience with Y’2 leathers?

casuallyworked

New in Town
thank you for the feedback @Merv and @Papalaka. I am thinking of the Camel Steer Suede TB-141 and am debating
on whether getting the size 38 or 40 for a close but comfortable fit. I wear a size Large in my Iron Heart Western flannels, Size 38/Medium in my Iron Heart Split Steer Type 3 49J-BRN, you guys think I should go with the size 40?

1700526640548.png

rodgerrr

New in Town
My suggestion is to contact Theshop-Vancouver and they can get you the specs on that jacket - then get the smallest size you can fit in. I recently bought an indigo type iii (Y’2) jacket from them - size 44 - and I love it. I needed a tapered - shorter jacket - which is what I got.

casuallyworked

New in Town
My suggestion is to contact Theshop-Vancouver and they can get you the specs on that jacket - then get the smallest size you can fit in. I recently bought an indigo type iii (Y’2) jacket from them - size 44 - and I love it. I needed a tapered - shorter jacket - which is what I got.

I was thinking of doing that but since he does not have the jacket in stock I felt bad to ask and not purchase from him. Yes I hope these jacket are of a shorter length, as that is what I have been into lately. My shortest jacket from the back length is 23", while my longest is 24" which is the type 3 iron heart steer suede.

rodgerrr

New in Town
I've learned the hard way to insist on jacket measurements - really saves $$ in the long run - and there is no such a thing as a size standard WRT leather jackets. I don't know where you plan to buy the jacket that you are looking at - but you might ask the guys at "Theshop" if they can bring it in and what they'd charge for it. I really thought TJ there was super helpful and great to deal with. There will be a customs charge involved (assuming you live in the US) but I thought the delivery time was really quick despite going through the import process.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I actually saw your review before asking! I am 5'8 160lbs, and am thinking of just wearing it with a t-shirt or 10oz real mccoy grey sweatshirt. Other than length, is there something else you did not like abut it?
It's an amazing jacket in every way except for the length :)

If it were 2 inches shorter I would have never sold it.

J. Randall

Familiar Face
I actually saw your review before asking! I am 5'8 160lbs, and am thinking of just wearing it with a t-shirt or 10oz real mccoy grey sweatshirt. Other than length, is there something else you did not like abut it?
As a result of that same review , Marc's Y2 is now in middle earth , Ireland that is. A shot of it in the wild on the east coast . Its the best fitting jacket ive ever owned , very well made and I highly recomend them . I was originally looking at getting Iron Heart Black steerhide type3 , but this satisfied all my needs for a japanese trucker . For now anyway.
fed lng.jpg

casuallyworked

New in Town
As a result of that same review , Marc's Y2 is now in middle earth , Ireland that is. A shot of it in the wild on the east coast . It’s the best fitting jacket ive ever owned , very well made and I highly recomend them . I was originally looking at getting Iron Heart Black steerhide type3 , but this satisfied all my needs for a japanese trucker . For now anyway. View attachment 563375
fit Looks amazing on you and I’m sure it’s very comfortable, that is one thing I love about suede/roughtout jackets, no break in. I just placed an order for a size 40 yesterday, I’ll post photos to contribute when it comes

theeprimitivesound

Familiar Face
Long time listener, first time caller.

I’m gearing up to purchase a new jacket, and Y’2 seems to sit at the sweet spot of design, quality, and affordability. Can anyone vouch for their jackets?

Thanks.
ive got 2 Y2 leather jackets,i got em both from the shop vancouver,amazing quality!!

jdiddy

A-List Customer
I’m late to the party but the y2 stuff is amazing . I have a couple of the shirts and love them. I will say size up a couple
Sizes they run smallllllll. I’m a 42 and I had to sell a 44 and size up to a 46 . This is the olive oil steer and it feels so good to the hand …..

Attachments

• IMG_4640.jpeg
    IMG_4640.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 83

cbez

One Too Many
Build quality is high, they get very nice hides, sometimes let down by their patterns.

theeprimitivesound

Familiar Face
I’ve actually picked up one of these:
https://theshopvancouver.com/collec...op-x-y2-leather-ts-01-steer-suede-chore-shirt

It’s unlined and basically a chore coat (sort of) with the same hairy rough out as Merv’s coat above.

I’m extremely happy with mine - I wanted a light weight leather coat for Irish summer weather (aka spring everywhere else in the world) … something easy wearing that could get beat around a bit. I also love that it’s unlined … it feels like wearing a heavy shirt more than a jacket.
ive got the same one, beautiful jacket!!

casuallyworked

New in Town
Here is the TB-141, in a size 40. It is a beautiful jacket, but returned it for a size 38 (waiting for it). The size 40 was a bit large(compared to how i want things to fit), it fits me like a chore coat, it is comfortable, but I want a slightly closer but comfortable fit, t-shirt and jacket combo, or light sweater. Since it is unlined it is very soft and malleable, 0 break in.

Just want to help anyone else if they ever want a 40, here are the measurements I took

P2P CHEST: 22"
SHOULDERS: 18.5"
BACK LENGTH: 26"
SLEEVES: 26"

IMG_0827.JPG
IMG_0828.JPG

casuallyworked

New in Town
Here is the TB-141, in a size 40. It is a beautiful jacket, but returned it for a size 38 (waiting for it). The size 40 was a bit large(compared to how i want things to fit), it fits me like a chore coat, it is comfortable, but I want a slightly closer but comfortable fit, t-shirt and jacket combo, or light sweater. Since it is unlined it is very soft and malleable, 0 break in.

Just want to help anyone else if they ever want a 40, here are the measurements I took

P2P CHEST: 22"
SHOULDERS: 18.5"
BACK LENGTH: 26"
SLEEVES: 26"

View attachment 568999 View attachment 569000

I received my exchange for a size 38 and it fits much better! It is very comfortable to wear due to it being unlined, awesome jacket, my only nitpick is the jacket is a little long and so are the sleeves. It fits like a US medium while the 40 fits like a large. Here are the measurements for a size 38. My favorite features might be the comfort and leather color.

P2P CHEST: 21 3/8"
SHOULDERS: 17 7/8"
BACK LENGTH: 25"
SLEEVES: 25 1/4"

Jischwar

One of the Regulars
I received my exchange for a size 38 and it fits much better! It is very comfortable to wear due to it being unlined, awesome jacket, my only nitpick is the jacket is a little long and so are the sleeves. It fits like a US medium while the 40 fits like a large. Here are the measurements for a size 38. My favorite features might be the comfort and leather color.

P2P CHEST: 21 3/8"
SHOULDERS: 17 7/8"
BACK LENGTH: 25"
SLEEVES: 25 1/4"
That's interesting. The two type 3's I have in 40, have measurements more aligned to this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner