Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else drink Lophraig?

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
Warbaby said:
...decaf late with skim milk.

A decaf late with skim milk is also known as a Why Bother in some parts of Australia. I've even sen it written up that way on a menu.

Copper

One of the Regulars
ADHD librarian said:
A decaf late with skim milk is also known as a Why Bother in some parts of Australia. I've even sen it written up that way on a menu.

The decaf/skim combo was usually abbreviated to 'Why Bother' in the coffee shop I worked in in University here too... It would be added like a tag to whatever was ordered - "Tall, why bother, Cappo"...

Chanfan

A-List Customer
I'm partial to most of the Islay drams I've tried. I also like Highland Park quite a bit.

Oh, who am I kidding - I like the majority of Single Malts. :)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I drink a fair whack of it over the colder months (along with one or two other Islays). And then I tend towards Speysides over summer when I hanker for a malt.

Highlander

A-List Customer
You bet, the Islays are among my favorites. And Laphroaig is one of the best. It just keeps growing on you. BUt, it is more of a winter libation.

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
Chanfan said:
I'm partial to most of the Islay drams I've tried. I also like Highland Park quite a bit.

Oh, who am I kidding - I like the majority of Single Malts. :)

Highland Park is this evenings choice. I'll lift a wee dram in your honor Chanfan. :)

Flieger said:
I would not turn down a Laphroaig if offered but spending my own money I tend to go for two other Islay heavyweights: Caol Ila and Lagavulin.

Flieger

Just picked up a bottle of Caol Ila today and am looking forward to it. I too prefer this and the Lagavulin.

But to reiterate another comment in this thread, they get more attention from me in cold weather. (I visit the Bourbons through the summer)lol

zaika

One Too Many
thanks to my uncle (who is also a Waffle House connosuier ;) lol), it's been a family institution on the holidays for nearly a decade now.

i tried it for the first time just last christmas. blew my socks off. not in a good way. blech.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I bought a bottle of the Laproaig quarter cask a little while back which I've been steadily working my way through, I definitley reccomend it.

jwalls

Vendor
Nick D said:
I bought a bottle of the Laproaig quarter cask a little while back which I've been steadily working my way through, I definitley reccomend it.
Nick, you are correct. Nothing quite like it. The young lady at the booth distributing Laphroaig at the Cigar Aficionado dinner thinks I'm hitting on her every year in Las Vegas.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

tortswon

Practically Family
I particularly enjoy Laphroaig while sitting at the sushi bar. I take a sip to refresh my palate occasionally. Sake is wonderful within a course. Between courses, a bit of Laphroaig tastes wonderful. I think it is the iodine quality of Laphroaig that makes it so wonderful in that context. No other Scotch works quite so well. Best, Sam

jwalls

Vendor
Lophraig

Gentlemen; Are any of you planning to attend the Cigar Aficionado Big Smoke in Las Vegas next weekend? If so I will be in attendance on Saturday evening. Please PM and let me know your coming. We'll hoist a few together.:) :) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner