Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else still waiting for jacket weather ?

TLW '90

Practically Family
We just had a triple digit heat wave topping out at 117°f and it almost seemed cool at 95°f today, it's definately the farthest thing from jacket weather here.
Needless to say I'm eagerly awaiting jacket weather, not only just to end the heat but of course so I can wear my jackets among other things.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Last week was brutal in socal. It’s still pretty hot but better. Every year around this time I start getting sick of summer and this year is no different. Still probably another 4 or 6 weeks of it though.

Pandemic

One Too Many
I am looking forward to jacket weather and going for a morning run in the brisk cool air rather than brutal tropical humidity. But I am not looking forward to losing the summer light - walking in to work when it’s still dark outside.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
For me jacket weather is all year...
I've done around 7000km whilst wearing various leather jackets over the summer, some heatwave days where particularly gnarly, sitting at the lights when it is 37c/98f whilst wearing thick leather sucks...

It has done wonders for some jackets though, i have worn my Vansons Choppers a lot and they have really broken in well on the road.

Viking752

Practically Family
Yes I am looking forward to leather weather. I live in Central Florida so my wearing season is very short but I do travel a lot to cooler climates so I have that working for myself.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Already had a few "Jacket Days" here. Nothing heavy... an A1 a couple of times and a raincoat off and on. Wore a raincoat and Akubra in the drizzle today while out walking the dog. I love Jacket weather! It usually means an end to the bugs, no more mowing the lawn and trimming hedges.

Worf

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Bought a B6, can't wait for it to drop below 10°C......
Judging from the climate change here in the UK, I guess I will have to wait till Dec.

It's a bit of a roller coaster here in the midwest. 55°F today will be 90°F by the weekend. It seems the trend with global warming is that the seasons are still present but are definitley getting pushed back on the calendar. I will not expect to consistantly need a jacket until November. There will be some days in October that will require one, most will not. But yes I am certainly ready to abandon my A/C, no more bugs, and see some fall colors. I am beyond sick of sweating...

TLW '90

Practically Family
I have been wearing a light jacket most 1:30Am work mornings this summer, but after about 2 hours that done and the jacket comes off.

That's definitely not the kind of jacket wearing I'm waiting for, and I'm not wearing any of the jackets I truly enjoy wearing at work anyways because they'd be ruined.

TLW '90

Practically Family
It's a bit of a roller coaster here in the midwest. 55°F today will be 90°F by the weekend. It seems the trend with global warming is that the seasons are still present but are definitley getting pushed back on the calendar. I will not expect to consistantly need a jacket until November. There will be some days in October that will require one, most will not. But yes I am certainly ready to abandon my A/C, no more bugs, and see some fall colors. I am beyond sick of sweating...
I figure most days in October will probably just be a flannel shirt and vest, probably not till mid November that I consistently wear a jacket every day.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Currently around/below 10C in the morning and around 20C in the afternoon here so wearing my HWM or 174S with a Polo beneath is just the right thing, Baracuta jackets anyway.
My Alpaca lined Cheyenne is scheduled to arrive by very end of October, so it might possibly be already cool enough for it then.

willyto

One Too Many
No jacket weather probably until November unfortunately...

I hate summers in Barcelona. It's warm, humid and sweaty. Anyone who likes that is mad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot