Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else tired of winter?!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
It has been raining SO much lately that just seeing a little bit of sunshine would be so absolutely wonderful right now! But let us not think of the negatives, while we are pressing through till Spring, what are some of the things you like about all this rain, snow, ice that you have been experiencing in your part of the world?
rain; 1.it's always the perfect kind of weather for cuddling up on the couch in a blanket with the dogs, getting out a good novel and spending a relaxing day indoors.
2. Great when sleeping at night and the rain is falling hard against the roof and windows-instantly puts me to sleep.
3.Great oppurtunity to learn a new craft
4. making indoor castles and forts for the kids

Let's get one thing straight around here, MG: There's nothing good about winter. Nothing at all. So don't try to sugarcoat it. Don't give us that 'let's look at the bright side,' nonsense. It's an awful, horrible, miserable time of year. It brings us things like, well, ice - ICE! - and it's not even the good sort of ice that you can put in a cocktail. It's the sort of ice that gets under geriatrics feet and makes them fall so they can break a hip. Now what sort of favors is winter doing them - those poor geriatrics with broken hips? Show me a friend of winter and I'll show you a sadist. Okay, so who else wants to defend winter?

(BTW, glad to see your old avatar is back.)

Regards,

Senator Jack

Senator Jack said:
Let's get one thing straight around here, MG: There's nothing good about winter. Nothing at all. So don't try to sugarcoat it. Don't give us that 'let's look at the bright side,' nonsense. It's an awful, horrible, miserable time of year. It brings us things like, well, ice - ICE! - and it's not even the good sort of ice that you can put in a cocktail. It's the sort of ice that gets under geriatrics feet and makes them fall so they can break a hip. Now what sort of favors is winter doing them - those poor geriatrics with broken hips? Show me a friend of winter and I'll show you a sadist. Okay, so who else wants to defend winter?

(BTW, glad to see your old avatar is back.)

Regards,

Senator Jack

Now that's my opinion of winter in a nutshell. I hate snow. I would hate to have a white Christmas. We usually have a pretty decent Christmas out here. Today is fine if you like rain. :eusa_doh:
If it snowed here like you described, I would move. :eek: :p

Regards,

J

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've been sick of winter for about two months now -- it's not even so much the weather that gets me as the *darkness* that just about sucks the life out. I'm actually glad daylight savings time is starting early this year!

I hate the ice, though. We got coated in it a couple weeks back, and there wasn't a single bag of rock salt left to be found anywhere in town. I ended up sprinkling an entire box of kosher salt on my doorstep just to keep the mailman from slipping off.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
YES

It was only 70 degrees today, and will be a bone chilling 70 and sunny tomorrow. I wish this doggone winter would end so we can get back to 100+ degrees with 90% humidity as soon as possible

:D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
What I like about winter is that it allows me to break out the flannel, cashmere, corduroy and such. And, I like winter sports like skiing (alpine, X), ice skating, sledding and hiking . But, the bitter arctic blasts and the dearth of sunshine can really lower ones spirits.

Shearer

Practically Family
I'm fully aware I could be beaten by many of you for saying this, but I would give one of my kidneys for a few more cloudy days here in San Diego.

I can't help it, I like the cool weather.

I won't push it and ask for more rain though.

Okay, I'll crawl back to my sunny corner and stop complaining... I know I got it good.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Just call me the Marquis de Sefton then;I like winter. Fall and winter are the best times of the year. Why anyone would enjoy being out under the sun all day I can't answer. Give me some clouds and temps low enough to let me wear my overcoat and a felt hat and all is right with the world. Those who like to bask in the sunshine are directed to take a look at what copious amounts of it did to Brigitte Bardot.:eek:

The Stunning Beauty of New York in Winter!!!!!

DSCF0571.jpg

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I should add to my previous posting;I like the winter here in northern California. I lived in Boston for several years back in the late 80s so I do know all about the wonderful greyish slush and ice in winter. Very nasty...
Fall is nice back there. I miss the sight of all the leaves turning brown and red. I don't miss the summers in Boston though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran