Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone ever heard of/ use this stuff?

doghouse

One of the Regulars
I just picked up some Top Brass hair cream and I kinda like it. The smell is fairly nice and the hold is stronger than my Brylcreem. I like to do my hair with the Brylcreem and then mix a little Top Brass into my pomp. I find it to hold well without a lot of the greasy feeling that some thicker products like Royal Crown leave. Not to mention I get compliments on the "cologne" I'm wearing all of the time... Just wondering if anyone else has used Top Brass and what they might think of the stuff.

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
I used to use it when I 1st starting wearing a pomp before it got too long... your right it is not too greasy and it washes out easily if needed and the smell is good. Glad you mentioned it... I may go back to it for the tapered cut I have now. I got some new brillantine stuff from the barber that is so shiny.. but it is wrecking havoc with my girl friend and the sheets and pillow cases.. not to mention my leather chair..... Yep Top Brass is a good product to keep you looking slick without all the greasy kid stuff build-up......

Mikey gives it "2 thumbs up"........

FredDairy

Familiar Face
doghouse said:
What do you use for your pomp now that it is longer?

- Wallace

I've found the longer mine gets the less thicker stuff works better. But still something like brylcreem wouldn't be thick enough, and something like Nu-Nile or Murray's would be too thick.
Royal Crown Pomade, not the Hairdressing is really good, and so is Dixie Peach.
Also is Top Brass like Groom and Clean? That stuff wasn't as greasy either but after about 8 or 9 ours of being in my hair it would dry out. This stuff's cheaper knock off brand American Classics is great for the front of your pomp. and it's not as greasy looking, but you can mix a little RC with it.
american-crew-fiber-lg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy