Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anyone ever try these guys?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
If I was a first time leather jacket buyer, I still wouldn't be buying from 'lamb is best' guy. Let's face it, if you're interested in buying something coming close to the higher end of the market, then you've probably done your research and know what what is what. If you can't afford to buy first hand, then scouring eBay or the Lounge for a decent second hand is likely to produce a more satisfying, long-lasting results than the rather dubious offering from our long-winded friend. In fact, just to prove the point, here's a vintage goat Cafe Racer that I found after two minutes on eBay::
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vtg-1950s...8847a09&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=232182600164
It's got acres of character, looks as though it's still got a lot of life in it and will actually resist a tumble.
Don't get me wrong, business is business, and anyone setting out on this sort of venture is to be wished the best of luck, but I don't buy the idea that this is an entry-level product for a jacket enthusiast and I certainly don't buy the offer of mods at this price point - remember Lawless?

Last edited:

01flhr

One of the Regulars
I actually think this is great. I wouldnt buy any because im more of a form comes from function kind of guy and would want something thats about bulletproof, but for someone who wants a custom fit mall jacket i think this is great. Alot of people want to wear a jacket for a few years and then toss it. This would be perfect for that.

Just not really TFL stuff.
I'm still 100% for buying something used instead.
And cheap comes at a cost. I've already seen my co-workers jobs outsourced so I don't need any jackets that are as well.
If "new" is the selling point, along with some level of bespoke then go for it.
To me, the price shows across the board.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
the double rider and moto, be it only a fashion jacket look OK design wise
the what called bomber probably look more like casual office jacket to me, and perhaps need double ended zip like what's used on the moto because they are long jackets, so they can be worn zipped while sitting/ driving

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I just have massive difficulty believing that you can do anything other than a very basic jacket at the price point they are offering. If it is true, think of the conditions the people who are making these jackets are having to put with. Just remember, magic fairies aren't making these things, and the lower the price and the greater the number of options, the nastier it is for the people at the sharp end.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I want to echo Ton312's statement and thank Robbie for taking time to reply. As many have already said we at TFL are not the target audience, but you responded anyway. Thank you. If leather jackets truly are a passion of yours I recommend that you spend some time on this forum because you will find more knowledge (and opinion) here about leather jackets than you are likely to anywhere else. Happy New Year!

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Yes, Its just a different market with a whole different mindset to this forum for sure.

I find a couple of things off though, here Robbie quotes "Our prices are under $300" and mentions $220 a lot, whilst everything I see on the website is over $300 and some over £400. Also saying to beware of these "$129 eBay guys" who are basically same very the people producing these jackets, seems a little 'off', but maybe thats splitting hairs.

I've seen people on forums before work as go betweens with these "$129 eBay guys", just as they are doing here to make custom jackets and alterations and some have turned out to look just fine, for the price.

Personally I'd always be happier buying through/from a more well known vendor, or even via eBay as there is some protection in that. Buying from a website with no contact details at all and very little information or online footprint, as shown with TOJ and Lawless in the past, sometimes doesn't work out. (I think it would help the website here too if there were more than one or two photos of the jackets, I can't say I'd spend $100 on a jacket let alone $400 if I can only see the front of it.)

I do wish them well with the venture though and its good they are happy with their business model.

A review here and some photos of a jacket in the wild.

A review here and some photos of a jacket in the wild.
Damn...and I quote "it looks like a bronze corset".
IMG_9658.GIF

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
shoulder width, and sleeve length looks spot on, stitches and construction seem fine,
maybe the client want that bolero short look...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Does seem odd to have got the shoulders etc fine, but gone very short on the length. He'd need to hoik his jeans up a good few inches to get something close to a vintage look there. While the construction looks solid enough, the leather seems a bit flimsy/plasticky, but I guess it's the old adage that you get what you pay for.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry, I hit the 10,000 character limit on a single post so I split my response into two posts. Here is the remainder:

Good questions!

We have a return policy but the gist of it is that if you get a jacket that is off in any measurement by more than 1/2 an inch, we will make you a new jacket free of charge.

All jackets get sent to us first for quality control so if we spot a problem, we will get you a new jacket. We certainly will not just ship out a jacket with problems and hope the customer is "grateful to have received something for their money." We want our customers to be ecstatic with their new jacket and most of our customers are more than pleased with the perfect fit they get in the design they picked. I am truly happy when I hear back from a customer saying they absolutely love their new jacket. That's what I'm aiming for.

So, you want pics of the back of the jackets. Noted. We will have to take some photos soon and add them to the site.

Be careful with the $129 eBay guys... the pictures they post are usually ripped from somewhere else and your jacket may or may not look like what you see.

-------------------

Whew, that took a lot of time and energy to respond to all you guys.

However, I truly appreciate your comments. I have already taken into consideration some of the things you have said and will incorporate the new ideas moving forward.

If you have any other ideas, suggestions, critiques, comments or anything else, I'd love to hear it.

At the moment, we are working with a web developer to make a new website so that we look a little more "professional". Not sure when the new site will be up but hopefully not too long.

Anyway, thanks again guys!

Nice one Robbie

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post & again all the best :)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Does seem odd to have got the shoulders etc fine, but gone very short on the length. He'd need to hoik his jeans up a good few inches to get something close to a vintage look there. While the construction looks solid enough, the leather seems a bit flimsy/plasticky, but I guess it's the old adage that you get what you pay for.

bolero top or moose knuckle bottom
pick your poison :D

willyto

One Too Many
They look awful to me.

Also, I hate to see how people nowadays use the word bespoke online. If you're not measured in person by a tailor, tried a fitting jacket that is made to those measurements and all that then there's nothing bespoke about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy