Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have an Akubra homburg?

Goose.

Practically Family
macfly said:
wore it out today with a jacket and tie..i guess its growing on me but i just kept having images of a funeral director ...
anyone else get certain feelings while wearing a homburg?
HA HA HA...Funeral Director. Funny...but true.

To answer your question, yep, makes me feel gussied up to the point where I tucked in my Top Dog t-shirt and wore my newer SPAM flip flops instead of my old ratty ones.

Sorry about the focus...the beagle is still learning the camera gig.

502868579_5rTEm-M-1.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
macfly said:
...it does give me a british feel. anyone else get certain feelings while wearing a homburg?

I know what you mean. I feel very well dressed and distinguished in my homburgs, which I only wear out to dress type occasions. My wife is English and says it reminds her of London businessmen; clipped and efficient. It reminds me of the great British politicians like Churchill and Anthony Eden. In some circles the homburg is still known as the Anthony Eden. While I see it as a very dressy and formal hat..........Goose, you prove that it can look relaxed and fit into any niche the wearer has the guts and whim to take it! Props to the beagle and his progress so far! lol

macfly

Familiar Face
Goose, i think you might have commented earlier on having a high head..not sure.. but I kept finding something wasnt quite right with this hat. making it a strict center dent wasnt allowing me to have a low back and a low, but higher than the back, front. so i decided to modify it a bit and made sort of a center dent/ tear drop combo which raised a portion of the rear dent into a semi-spherical convexity. now the hat sits lower on my head and still has the side profile i like. maybe its sacrilege as far as homburgs go but now it fits me a bit better which should make it something i actually wear out more often. hope this idea helps someone else out there struggling with their homburg.

IMG_1205.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael