Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have leather experience in Buenos Aires?

So I find myself in Argentina for the next week or so...They have amazing steak, and I hear a lively leather industry (including custom jackets). I read online that if I go to a certain part of town (in Buenos Aires), I can have a custom jacket made in 3 days. Has anyone ever done this?
I am considering....

Colin G

One Too Many
Why not try a local hide? Get a Capybara grizzly made.

thETR6GO9E.jpg

Have a good trip. I'd love to go to Argentina.

Last edited:
My father lived in BA for about 10 years. Great town but the security situation has deteriorated a bit so be mindful.

As to jackets, he has plenty of them. Custom made at good prices. Good jackets. He gave me a few that I have passed to my brothers. He prefers lightweight leather requiring no break in so not my cup of tea. Most were lambskin. But they were well made and definitely worth a look. No doubt they can source other hides and he had all sorts of colors. One was ostrich if I recall lol. Definitely not my style but my dad is impulsive. He never wore it either. Enjoy the trip.

dannyk

One Too Many
My father lived in BA for about 10 years. Great town but the security situation has deteriorated a bit so be mindful.

As to jackets, he has plenty of them. Custom made at good prices. Good jackets. He gave me a few that I have passed to my brothers. He prefers lightweight leather requiring no break in so not my cup of tea. Most were lambskin. But they were well made and definitely worth a look. No doubt they can source other hides and he had all sorts of colors. One was ostrich if I recall lol. Definitely not my style but my dad is impulsive. He never wore it either. Enjoy the trip.
Yeah cant imagine too many super heavy leather jackets get made in places of such immense heat/humidity. But I have to imagine they have a lot of leather options and cool colors there! Should be fun for you @handymike and stay safe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner