Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone heard of szaszi - hutmacher?

boehmri

New in Town
I don't have any pictures of a bowler that I found in the cedar closet under a stack of quilting. That being said it appears to me, in my ignorance, to be of a very stiff felt. Has anyone ever heard of this hatmaker located in Vienna, Austria? The hat was probably made for my brother some thirty-five years ago, and is a bit too large. Nevertheless, I'm going to try to "stuff the band" and wear it. I *think* it's a well made hat.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the Lounge!

Allow me to second RBH's greeting and indicate that I, too, cannot help you with your question, but somebody in this place probably will! That's what is so great about the Lounge, help when you need it! The friendships are just frosting!

dean

Hemerlin

New in Town
Mr. Shapira (the current hat maker working in the tradition of the Hungarian Michael Szaszi) looks like a nice fella.
Exquisite website, too:
http://www.szaszi.com/en/index.htm

This might be a place worth visiting while in Vienna (can picture myself right now getting my head size measured with the Conformateur)
No idea how much of my salary I'd have to leave there, but from the looks of it, I'll better start to save up now :)

p.s. hello everyone on the lounge! :fedora:

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Presentation is everything. What a neat site and a great old hatter's shop! I'd be proud to have a hat from them.

We should get Mr. Shapira to visit the lounge!

Welcome to both of our new members!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace