Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone here ever dealt with Leatherify?

Yango

One of the Regulars
Just wondering if anyone on the forum has ordered from Leatherify. Their prices seem pretty low, but the jackets don’t look half bad. I’m just not sure if they’re legit.

I’m kind of interested in getting leather hoodie—and don’t want to pay a fortune. But also don’t want to get ripped off.

Experiences good or bad with them?

https://leatherify.shop/

Last edited:
Of course it's a scam and of course it's garbage. Even if it wasn't a scam, I'm just surprised you can't see how trash these jackets look, considering you must've done some research to actually stumble upon TFL.

I always wonder if they're actually still making these superhero jackets or whether they're just trying to off-load what someone at some point during 2010's thought would be a good idea to mass-produce. That's provided they actually bother shipping something out to the buyer, which I doubt they do. . .

Either way, avoid.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Looks like the standard drop-shipping operation, they're just a middleman and inflate the prices from AliExpress/Alibaba for no reason. Crap business model and I wish drop shipping would just cease to be a thing, they don't even handle the inventory or do anything other than make a crappy low effort website.

Yango

One of the Regulars
Obviously I had my doubts, otherwise I wouldn’t have asked.

Jasonissm: thanks for your input.

Monitor: you could tone down the superiority complex just a tad.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
leather hoodie which is probably made from sheep leather then asian made jackets are mostly that, perhaps it is even cheaper at aliexpress, I say browse first at aliexpress .

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I've got a leather hoodie from Roots Canada, a few years back when they were under C$400 on sale (Made in Ontario using Italian top grain, Riri zips and all). I've also bought a bunch of imports (China/India/Pakistan) in the $200 range. There were a lot of hit and misses. If I added up all the misses I'd gotten more than a few Aero's already.

I would suggest to look for mall brands on sale jackets now instead of these generic resellers. The price difference isn't much but the product quality is very significant. When the major brands outsource to India/Pakistan/China, it is common practice to place order with more than just one vendor but only take the best quality ones and cancels the rest. A lot of these resellers are just moving the unwanted inventories that these fast fashion brands cancelled.

Give fast fashion brands like All Saints and others a look. In their sale section you can find stuff for under C$500 and is gonna be much better than these generic resellers. Look in the 60% off sale sections, there are deals there.

Yango

One of the Regulars
I've got a leather hoodie from Roots Canada, a few years back when they were under C$400 on sale (Made in Ontario using Italian top grain, Riri zips and all). I've also bought a bunch of imports (China/India/Pakistan) in the $200 range. There were a lot of hit and misses. If I added up all the misses I'd gotten more than a few Aero's already.

I would suggest to look for mall brands on sale jackets now instead of these generic resellers. The price difference isn't much but the product quality is very significant. When the major brands outsource to India/Pakistan/China, it is common practice to place order with more than just one vendor but only take the best quality ones and cancels the rest. A lot of these resellers are just moving the unwanted inventories that these fast fashion brands cancelled.

Give fast fashion brands like All Saints and others a look. In their sale section you can find stuff for under C$500 and is gonna be much better than these generic resellers. Look in the 60% off sale sections, there are deals there.
It was actually the Roots jacket that got me thinking about it. I came across one at a local outlet and tried it on—I can’t remember if it was a small or medium, but even though it was too small, it was comfortable. I thought, if I can find one in my size, I could live in this thing! If I remember correctly it was in the $600.00 range.
Unfortunately, they’re discontinued.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Faddie

New in Town
Just wondering if anyone on the forum has ordered from Leatherify. Their prices seem pretty low, but the jackets don’t look half bad. I’m just not sure if they’re legit.

I’m kind of interested in getting leather hoodie—and don’t want to pay a fortune. But also don’t want to get ripped off.

Experiences good or bad with them?

https://leatherify.shop/
Hi,

Recently I had bought a jacket from https://leatherify.shop & they are legit. Their prices are affordable & lower because of NEW YEAR SALE that's why i ordered a jacket from them. They delivered me exactly the same product in 12 days through DHL Courier. I can say that their customer support is great coz they connected me through all the process. highly recommended from my side. also attached the image of jacket i received.

Attachments

• 15fb2d10-a333-4fc7-af1a-adfeeaeff113.jpg
    15fb2d10-a333-4fc7-af1a-adfeeaeff113.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 86

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

So this is a really critical distinction and good reminder. It’s common for people to think the Made-in label is a category in itself. However, while a mall-brand jacket in the West might be made in country X, it’s going to be a higher level stock than what is being sold in country X of the same category. This is without even getting to extreme examples like the RRL shirts I have made in SE Asian countries with more handwork than my Italian made RL Purple Label and RL Black Label shirts.

Hi,

Recently I had bought a jacket from -INSERT VENDOR- & they are legit. Their prices are affordable & lower because of NEW YEAR SALE that's why i ordered a jacket from them. They delivered me exactly the same product in 12 days through DHL Courier. I can say that their customer support is great coz they connected me through all the process. highly recommended from my side. also attached the image of jacket i received.

Oh hello leatherify bot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points