Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone interested in this idea?

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
Once a week ~ we discuss in one thread a classic actor/actress?

You know...discuss their films, their style, their private life, etc...

I thought it would be revealing, interesting and kind of fun.
I was watching TCM's bio on John Garfield and I found his
life so fascinating. Then this idea came to me.

Anyone interested?????

Travis

Suspended
Sounds like fun. But just to clarify, would it be a new topic started every week but people can add onto it forever? That seems to be the nature of things around here and all.

Feraud

Bartender
Will there be required viewing/reading? :)

TCM frequently programs it's films based on a particular director or actor. Will the focus of our discussion be based on what is running on that channel?
The thread can be an online film discussion where actors/actresses/directors/films are selected, viewed, and discussed.

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
I thought what I would do would announce the person of interest
in a thread headliner, then have a photo of that person along with
a link to wikipedia & IMDB. This way a summary on the person
could be read & a list of their films is available.
We could tweak it at it goes. If we develop this as
a group then it could get real interesting.

Feraud said:

TCM frequently programs it's films based on a particular director or actor. Will the focus of our discussion be based on what is running on that channel?
The thread can be an online film discussion where actors/actresses/directors/films are selected, viewed, and discussed.

It's not a bad idea to perhaps add TCM'S star of the month in the mix
of discussion for the first week of the month, so movies could be viewed and discussed. I don't think reading a book should be required,
however, if someone does decide to pick up a book on the person being discussed I am sure as a whole we would love any details you found interesting to be added to the topic. It might even encourage some of us to read the book.

Travis said:
Sounds like fun. But just to clarify, would it be a new topic started every week but people can add onto it forever? That seems to be the nature of things around here and all.

Well, I think that if someone has something to add to an
old discussion we might interested in reading it, so I don't think they
need to be retired completely. We will have to play it by ear.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
This sounds like a terrible idea. No, wait I take that back. I'm in.

I wonder if there is a way to more democratize the choice of said person of interest. I have no problem giving jazzzbaby executive power on the subject, but I think it would be interesting to have voted on subjects of interest. Set up a mass poll at the beginning of the month and then discuss the top 4 peoples over the course of the month?

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
How about the first week...TCM star of the month
second week...actor
third week....actress
fourth week...director

We can start this up July 1st ~ :)

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
Actually, a great idea for another thread would be, I guess like a "book club", we could choose one movie a month to view and discuss. We could check TCM's (or AMC etc) schedule each month so no one has to hunt anything down.
Whaddya think?

Feraud

Bartender
flat-top said:
Actually, a great idea for another thread would be, I guess like a "book club", we could choose one movie a month to view and discuss. We could check TCM's (or AMC etc) schedule each month so no one has to hunt anything down.
Whaddya think?
I love the idea!

The Fedora Lounge movie club. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff