Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone interested in/wearing original military watches?

Guillaume

New in Town
I buy an actual Tutima Flieger (same as Hanhart), to wear with my Eastman Hartmann jacket.
But in fact i wear the watch often and the jacket only 2 days since i buy it :(...
I even mod the watch to age it, new strap i aged, new lume on watche, new hands etc...
Watch making is my hobby!
I owned before an gen Hanhart from 1939, single pusher who come from a german pilot captured during battle of britain!
(A question please: i am new here, where can i introduce me?)
Tutima.JPG

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Great watch, but the RiRi nowadays zippers made in Switzerland are a bit out of place if compared to this great watch...

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Those Panerais are the ultimate in aesthetics as far as Im concerned. I would have to triple in size to wear one however which is good cause Id also have to earn 3x the dough...

jeepjeep13

One of the Regulars
I just bought a WWII Pierce RAF wristwatch at an estate sale for $50. They had no idea what it was and I did, so I walked away with a bargain! Can't wait for the weather to dip so I can wear it with my Irvin jacket!!

Deacon211

One Too Many
I really like Sinn watches. I find them very utilitarian and instrument like. Probably the most true of modern pilots watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

breezer

Practically Family
One of the watches I was lucky enough to acquire is the Orfina Porsche Design military chronograph, powered by the venerable Lemania 5100 movement. The watch was officially issued to the Swiss Air Force.
Here are a couple of pics:

hy3TMFS.jpg

9fNCCtG.jpg

this one is new to me…I like it a lot. The green pvd is very nice.

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
This is my everyday wear. It is, as I have found out recently, a "vintage" Seiko RN helicopter pilots watch. I traded a leather flight jacket for it when I spent two weeks aboard the HMS Ark Royal. I say vintage because I recently had to have the crown replaced and the Seiko repair facility in New Jersey told me it was too old for them to repair as they no longer carry parts for it. I had to send it to Montana to have a vintage Seiko watch repair shop fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran