Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone own a Real McCoys flight jacket?

Fedora

Vendor
I picked this one up on ebay last year for 600 bucks, and it was brand new looking when I got it. Still is not broken in very well. It is horsehide. I went overboard on the patches, and in retrospect, I would have just used the Flying Tigers patches, although I like the all leather path on the left of the jacket. I have a blood chit in leather sewn on the back of this jacket. Fedora

front896x600.jpg

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Nice jacket. I had a Real McCoy's Japan A-2 (McCoy's Sportswear model). Beautiful, but too big and long sold on eBay.
Currently own a several McCOy's jackets and other product but they are all of the motorcycle/work variety.
Great stuff, McCoy's. Among the best.

Jeffmo

New in Town
A2 Great Escape

Can anyone suggest which contract of A2 jacket Steve McQueen was wearing in The Great Escape? And what was the decal on the shoulder of the jacket: AAF Headquarters patch, perhaps?

Fedora

Vendor
Good looking jackets. You know, I forgot the mention one of the reasons I am fond of the Real McCoy. The slimmer fit. My other A-2s are blousey comparitively. I like the slimmer fit. Fedora

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Fedora both of my A-2 were custom made. Their standard sizing is very trim. Also in their larger sizes RMNZs 50 is really a US 46. Anyone interested in buying one I would HIGHLY recommend sending them really good measurements. Congrats on the fantastic looking A-2 and a GREAT BUY.

Fedora

Vendor
Fedora both of my A-2 were custom made. Their standard sizing is very trim. Also in their larger sizes RMNZs 50 is really a US 46. Anyone interested in buying one I would HIGHLY recommend sending them really good measurements. Congrats on the fantastic looking A-2 and a GREAT BUY.

I am assuming the trim fit was the way the originals were made? Regardless, it sure makes a difference in the way the jacket looks on me!! I do recall the guy telling me that although it was a particular size, it actually fit a size smaller. Once he told me it would fit a 48, I bid on it and got it. And I was gratified to find it fit as if it were made for me. Now, I want another one!! I am planning on a goatskin one, in a different pattern than mine, and one that I will leave as is, with no patches. Thanks for the advice about measurements. They are pricey jackets, but I have grown fond of the breed. :) regards, Fedora

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fedora,
That is a beautiful jacket. I think when you posted it over at COW it didn't have the patches. I love the way the patches look.

I don't have a Real McCoy, but I know these types of jackets are meant to be very slim fit, very closely tailored. It makes you want to lay off the sweets.

Peter Botwright measured me for a Wested at the QM and it is very tailored to me and now serves as my primary motivation to skip dessert. ;)

Great jacket. It motivated me to look at their website and drool!!! Awesome stuff.:)

grant

Familiar Face
Here's a photo of my Real McCoy's Roughwear. I normally wear a sz. 42 in RMNZ jackets but the Roughwears are cut trimmer in the chest than their Dubow or Monarch so I ended up getting a stock sz 44. This particular jacket had an analine finish that's wearing in beautifully. Grant

RMNZRWsz44.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Hello!
I've had a couple of RMC jackets (as well as many other repros and an orig.)and in my opinion, they're the best available repro- they have it all- well more than any other repro out there (maybe Buzz Rickson excepted).
Others would disagree with me but they really shoudn't ... ;)

B
T

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The RMC London store Facebook page has pics of the new Security Aviation Togs A-2 and a new ANJ -3 and they are stunning. And like the originals they are PIGMENT colored. None of this aniline BS. How do you get this stuff? The NYC store is closed and I cannot find a website, I guess you have to call London.

First of all: HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION, BATMAN!!!!!!

Secondly, I got my RMC JP jacket straight from Japan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW