Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone ride motorcycles?

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Don't forget the fancy Bavarian bikes... T-10, Thunderhill Raceway, Willows, CA. Watching the weather and hoping it holds up for our Thanksgiving weekend at T-Hill...crossing my fingers...!

HT4U10111-1.jpg

www.insurrectionvintage.com
www.insurrection-racing.com

I still prefer my Bimotina...the BMW didn't do anything this year with Melandri.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate

SteveAS

Practically Family
I ride a 2007 KTM 950SM, which I've had since 2008. Now that I think about it, the only other bike I've had this long was a '99 BMW R1100GS.

As for attire, I wear a two-piece Classic 1000 in kangagroo leather. It's terribly dorky, but very protective.

Graemsay

Practically Family
So nice! My new dream bike for the street is an f800gs, 30th anniversary ed. Ridin' in style! ;)

I prefer the Husqvarna Nuda, which is a more radical take on the F800 range. Are they shipping them to the States?

As for attire, I wear a two-piece Classic 1000 in kangagroo leather. It's terribly dorky, but very protective.

It might look dorky, but I'd rather be wearing that instead of an Aero if I fell off. I came off after being clipped by a car whilst wearing a BKS Leather two piece, and escaped with small bruises on my hand and knee.

howardeye

Practically Family
I have been wearing the high performance FXRG Series leathers made by Harley Davidson for 11 or 12 years. The new jackets are vented in more places than mine, features removable armor in the elbows, shoulders, and spine. Also has a built in kidney belt for long distance. The thing is I only wear a jacket or coat when it is cold under 60 degrees. I wear a leather vest all the time being a Piston ll by Harley. I put about 150,000 miles on that one riding all year around (in NW Indiana) and being in 2 serious crashes and it held up. I wore it out and am on my second I bought on ebay. They don't make it any longer and it is the best vest I ever wore. If you are looking for heating clothing I prefer Gerbing.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_product.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524448773029&FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374306687873&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=2534374306687873&bmUID=1238025303164&bmLocale=en_US

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
I ride a 2007 KTM 950SM, which I've had since 2008. Now that I think about it, the only other bike I've had this long was a '99 BMW R1100GS.

Nothing dorky about kangaroo! Here's Carrie with a 7 pound kangaroo Ballistik suit complete with stingray sliders! We made the suit custom for OMRRA #2 plate holder Sam Verderico. I have one much like it myself now (actually, it's the suit slung over my GSX-R in the photo)...it's like wearing pajamas on the track...nuts!!! ;)

Carrie1-4.jpg

www.insurrectionvintage.com
www.insurrection-racing.com

Last edited:

Graemsay

Practically Family
That's a very loud suit, Wade. It's no wonder that Carrie is wearing shades... :cool:

Kangaroo is good stuff, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy