Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone spec'ed leather jacket with alpaca wool in sleeves?

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
I don’t know why they don’t do sleeves with 2 linings... a warm lining next to the leather and the satin/rayon type lining on top of that next to your skin. That way it’s warm and easy to get on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldozer

One of the Regulars
I have quilted lining only in the body of the jacket (as it usually is with Aero) so I cannot comment on quilted in the sleeves, but its sturdy lining And for the body lining I haven’t had any issues with it.

Actually I’ve never heard of Aero jacket with quilted sleeve lining, so I am not sure if they’re willing to do it. You should ask them, if that’s what you want.

Sorry, I did mean to type "body." Do you have the earlier rayon or the newer navy cotton sateen?

breezer

Practically Family
My cloth Aero Waterfront has alpaca lining in body and sleeves - love it, perfect jacket for the Scottish weather.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I've got a 2nd hand Aero halfbelt with alpaca in the body and a heavy cotton twill in the sleeves.

Its certainly a warm jacket and the alpaca has always felt comfortable in the body, maybe this is as its worn in(?), the sleeves though, the twill has quite a thick seam running all the way down it and isn't at all comfortable with anything short sleeve.

Its warm though - I think in the sleeves the inner knit cuffs to keep the wind out make more difference than the lining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto