Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone use jackets/clothing to help quit smoking?

IXL

One Too Many
I'm having a hard time with it so far honestly. The problem, more than any withdrawals, is wondering how you will cope long-term. I don't want to turn this into a self help thread, I like jackets more...but it is tough.

Oh hell yes, it's tough, but the payoff is HUGE! As time goes on, the nicotine fits you have will be both less intense and shorter in duration. So, as time flys it gets easier. This is jsut the way it works.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I wanted my wife to quit smoking, she wanted a fur coat. At first I thought that the coat cost more than I was willing to trade, but after I thought about the eventual hospital and doctors bills, fair trade. It worked, she quit.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Everybody but me in my family smoked. All quit but my brother Charles. I buried him dead from throat cancer at age 44. RJ Reynolds and Bacardi got him, but they didn't get me! Of course my Dad smoked 70 years before quitting he died at age 91 so go fig....

Worf

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Everybody but me in my family smoked. All quit but my brother Charles. I buried him dead from throat cancer at age 44. RJ Reynolds and Bacardi got him, but they didn't get me! Of course my Dad smoked 70 years before quitting he died at age 91 so go fig....

Worf

Here goes the long haul...starting today. I'll report back to base tomorrow.

IXL

One Too Many
Nick123, you are not "starting" (to quit) today, you have quit smoking today. Look at yourself as a former smoker no matter how badly you want to give in and it will help get you through all the really rough times you face; but thes times will pass.

While, fortunately, quitting smoking is a struggle I've never had to endure, I should think that a good motivator to quit smoking might be to think about what kind of jacket you could buy for what you spend on smokes. ;)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Either a Kelso or an Aero. Or both. I've got a good idea of what measurements work for me now so possibly the coveted Highwayman that has seemed so far out of reach...
Probably heavy black steer.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Right now it's all about the Hawaiian shirts though. I figure ill need at least 50, possibly 100 to achieve some level of satisfaction.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Haha. Smoking cessation using hypnosis should be easier and much, much cheaper while being totally satisfied from day one.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Haha. Smoking cessation using hypnosis should be easier and much, much cheaper while being totally satisfied from day one.

One of my old business partners smoked 3-4 packs/day (chain smoker) and did successfully quit by with the help of a hypnotist. He also said that sunflower seeds helped to satisfy some of the craving.

One strategy is to put your pack of smokes inside a ziplock bag wrap in a sheet of paper with a rubber band around it in a pocket. Put your lighter in another pocket wrapped in something. The idea is you get time to reconsider if you should smoke that coffin nail while you do all this unwrapping.

loosebolts

Familiar Face
had my two cups of coffee this morning with half a camel. had another one with lunch. so my 5 smokes before noon habit is broken. 7 more days and ill be down to none.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I didn't mean to bring folks down with my earlier post. I miss my brother and even though I know NONE of you folks personally, my life here and the world would lessened if you left here one day sooner than necessary. I've helped friends kick heroin, smokes and food (unsuccessfully with the food thing) anything I can do to help... I'll do.

Worf

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I didn't mean to bring folks down with my earlier post. I miss my brother and even though I know NONE of you folks personally, my life here and the world would lessened if you left here one day sooner than necessary. I've helped friends kick heroin, smokes and food (unsuccessfully with the food thing) anything I can do to help... I'll do.

Worf

Thanks Worf. Now where is your friend Butte? I don't know if I've said more than two words to that guy on here but he needs to get back on.

karhu21

One of the Regulars
Considering the price of cigarettes in Britain and Ireland for example, 9-10 euros per packet, a twenty a day man could at best save 280 euros
per month. After three months, an A2 or even B3 becomes a possibility.
I quit the smokes eight years back using one packet of patches and a big bag of chewing gum. It was hard at times but it gets easier the longer that you keep going.
Always think positively about quitting the ciggies and remember that an A2 or a B3 for example would look a lot better than a full ashtray and an empty pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran