1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

Apparel Annex leather tailors CHP jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Carlos840, Aug 4, 2018.

1. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Yeah y'all know how it is. Once the seed is planted. It only grows.

Phil Silv3rs likes this.
  2. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

Ton. Really; do you ever get tired of "winning?"
    Congrats.

3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Ah man I don't consider this one a win. It's nice but just not quite my thing. Good to experience the maker tho. They are nice. If I can find one just a wee bit bit more dialed in to my needs I won't hesitate!

sweetfights likes this.
  4. red devil

red devil Practically Family

Wrong, you just need good pesticide :D
    Seriously though, it looks really good and spot on for a riding jacket

Edward and ton312 like this.
  5. Edward

Edward Bartender

Agreed- looks like a perfect length on the front to me. The back is slightly longer than I would normally opt for in a short jacket, but that's the effect of the beaver tail that this style of riding jacket has by design - if used for its intended purpose, this can make quite a difference in terms of avoiding a draft on your back, especially if you tend to lean over the tank at all. Really nice design; I'd be tempted by one of these. Works well in both colours, too.

steve u likes this.
  6. marmalademan

marmalademan One of the Regulars

@ton312 that length looks pretty good from here but I can see why with those jeans on you feel like it's shorter than acceptable. Since the jacket was cheap (relatively) why not go the extra mile and splash out on some 50s style jeans that will sit higher up and marry better with the jacket? If this were to become a part of your '50s get up' then its inclusion in your rotation could be justified on these grounds. Lord knows we all spend enough time searching for reasons for our purchases and retentions, and in this case I can't help but feel like you are sitting on a very easy win

red devil, Edward and ton312 like this.
  7. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Man I'm not rocking a six pack...got myself a two pack at and a party ball, so jeans around my belly just aren't that comfortable!

8. Edward

Edward Bartender

Oddly, being a bit of a fatty myself, I find the opposite. Even in my early teebs long pre vintage I rejected Lee jeans (then, and until the mid 90s made locally in Northern Ireland) because they were all hipster cut, which I found desperately uncomfortable.

ton312 likes this.
  9. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

@ton312 , what's funny is that it fits you better than any of my jackets fit me. I mean, I can see why you aren't happy with the fit, it's not the HB but man, if I'd scored a jacket that looked this well on me, I'd keep it.

Seriously nice jacket, in any case.

red devil likes this.
  10. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Thanks man. I don't know how many CHP's I've done literally the exact same thing with for the exact same reason....I don't learn. Or I just keep trying inspite of myself. I dunno.

11. Edward

Edward Bartender

Yes, it's time to break the cycle and - as someone said already - just buy yourself some nice jeans with a decently high waist. ;)

12. JMax

JMax Practically Family

As a possible future beneficiary of this "CHP cycle", let's try to keep the status quo.

ton312 likes this.