Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are there ladies present who have non-retro bf's, husbands?

Dutchess

Familiar Face
P3310028-1.jpg
Our wedding was the only time my husband wore a vintage-inspired outfit. Usually he wears contemporary casual clothes or a nice suit or jacket and shirt. Cowbot boots occasionally. But he does wear vintage accesoires: his grandfathers watch and the silver cufflinks I gave him for our wedding. It's fun to see how we mismatch when he wears his sneakers and muppets t-shirt and I wear a tailored suit and hat.

zombi

A-List Customer
My fiancé is not a retro guy, not really... He will wear whatever he has, whatever it is, though he does LOVE the western shirts and such. We both work healthcare & so are wearing scrubs half the time, anyway [huh] He'll wear whatever I ask him to, though, so if we are going somewhere nice then I will dress him up. Otherwise he is just not bothered.

But he does love old films, silents & all, old music, a good sloe gin fizz, and everything I wear. I think if he cared more about what he looked like he might be a "retro guy", but he just doesn't. And I love him for that lol

GlamourDoll

Familiar Face
I'm so excited. My non vintage b/f is finally trying to get more vintage. I'm loving it soo much. He just told me he wants to join Fedora Lounge to gain knowledge and help on mens clothing.

Yes! Finally!:D

Lillemor

One Too Many
GlamourDoll said:
I'm so excited. My non vintage b/f is finally trying to get more vintage. I'm loving it soo much. He just told me he wants to join Fedora Lounge to gain knowledge and help on mens clothing.

I'm so happy for you. That must be exciting. My husband's just classic and conservative in style but his interest is more in industrial history than in living a vintage lifestyle and I don't think he sees the point in dressing differently than he does. That way, he's like most men. If his hair wasn't thinning and fine he would've liked a more classic hairstyle like his dad has but he didn't inherit his dad's full hair.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
GlamourDoll said:

Awesome! :D Mine is getting more into it too. Whee!

JennyLou

Practically Family
My boyfriend falls on the line between vintage and not vintage. He is a WWII reenactor and collects some vintage items and has a lot of knowledge about the past but he doesn't dress it in daily life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner