Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Argyle Socks

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
...and these:
Scott-Nichol-English-socks.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Check out both Walmart and Target for cheap argyle socks. I've been using the Walmart version as everyday socks for awhile. They're not fantastic, but look pretty good and are nigh disposable.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I worked for a guy who had beautiful suits, surely custom, and beautiful bit loafers(which I don't like with a suit, but I digress) who never wore socks, unless it was snowing. When he did wear socks, they tended to be something wild like argyles. He owned the company, so of course nobody said anything about the lack of socks. Nobody else followed his lead either, as far as doffing socks.

I would love to wear colorful socks, but alas, I can't even wear a striped shirt to work, or a solid blue for that matter, so something tells me wild socks would be frowned upon.

Is any effort made to match socks to the tie, or are they far enough apart that you don't bother?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff