Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arrived yesterday: Aero 1950's Half Belt

Hendrix

New in Town
I'm very happy with the jacket. It fits well and the hide and construction quality are superb, and Aero were a breeze to deal with!

A few pics

Jacket 061.jpg Jacket 062.jpg Jacket 066.jpg Jacket 082.jpg Jacket 080.jpg Jacket 077.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Jacket looks great and appears you nailed the sizing correctly. I see you went with button cuffs which is generally my preference. Congratulations.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's lovely mate. Is that battered hh or the fqhh? I just put my order in with thurston bros for my first Aero...very excited.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
That's one of the best fitting jacket I've seen posted on the FLounge. I cringe at most of the fits coming from these 'custom' makers. Though to be fair to the makers, remote fitting borders on folly.

Hendrix

New in Town
Thanks. I purchased it from Aero's used section. Aero were great, Rachel and Christine at Aero were very helpful. I had all the jackets measurements and carefully measured myself and checked their figures against another jacket I own (not an Aero). I don't think it could have worked out better :)

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Nice looking jacket. I was puzzling over the hide when you said it was FQHH until you clarified where it came from. It's always a good idea to buy a lightly used one so someone else can do the break in work for you.

eggleman

One of the Regulars
Cracking jacket .. is the half-belt strip slightly lighter than the rest of the back , or is it just the way it's photographed ?
Not a criticism BTW .. actually it looks good that way ..

Hendrix

New in Town
Thanks. Yep, it is slightly lighter, kinda depends on what light is on it I think. But I agree, it doesn't detract from the jacket at all.

eggleman

One of the Regulars
Cool
my FQHH Highwayman has some subtle variations in colour between the panels
and I think it just adds to the character of the leather
Thanks. Yep, it is slightly lighter, kinda depends on what light is on it I think. But I agree, it doesn't detract from the jacket at all.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely gorgeous HB. Once it gets a bit of wear and "settles" in that is going to be fantastic.

I love FQHH and that Hendrix is one exceptional looking example. Enjoy and make sure you wear the absolute hell out of it, as it'll just get better and better.

Edward

Bartender
Cracking looking jacket. Those are 30s halfbelt features on it (as discussed in your previous thread), but the fit is very definitely the 50s jacket. Looks well. I suspect it's from Aero's Blue Label series, under which tyhey've sold off a lot of prototypes and otherf one-offs that are based around all sorts of adapted bits and pieces they found during a clearout? Whatever, it looks great. To my eye, those 30sHB details really are a bit more special than the standard appintments of the 50s HB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael