Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arrow shirts By The Real Michaelson

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
From the archives

TheRealMichaelson
(6/24/03 3:17 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All New Post Arrow shirts Has anyone had any problems locating a store that sells good old Arrow shirts with the original collar design that won't cost you the farm? I can find them at men's stores locally, but they're awfully proud of them. :eek I can locate standard Arrow shirts just about anywhere, but the collar is smaller, and you have to have that big old original Arrow shirt collar to put on a silk tie and wear a collar bar behind it . Small collars just don't work. Regards. Michaelson

Indiana Ken
(6/25/03 2:29 am)
Reply | Edit | Del New Post Re: Arrow shirts Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is an arrow shirt (ducks under table to escape hail of objects doubtlessly going to be hurled)?

Ken

TheRealMichaelson
(6/25/03 9:30 am)
Reply | Edit | Del New Post The Arrow Shirt Arrow shirts were/are dress shirts made by the Arrow shirt company. They've been the benchmark of shirt manufacturers for decades, and were very well known for their advertisements showing a well dressed man wearing one of their dress shirts, and was called 'The Arrow Shirt Man'. He was one of the fine men store icons of the early 20th century. They were also well known for their longer pointed collars to allow for different style and types of tie knots that were popular at the time. Most folks have forgotten how to tie all the different knots, and most just use a half Windsor, but the Arrow Shirt allows for ALL types, as well as a long gold tie bar that attached either to the collar with clips, or pre-punched holes at the collar edge that pushed the tie knot forward. Watch the newer version of 'The Great Gatsby' starring Robert Redford for perfect examples of the Arrow Shirt, and the tie/tiebar. Regards. Michaelson

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I have seen a lot of Arrow shirts at a department store I buy my dress shirts at. I haven't found one that's my size yet, but they look nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails