Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

mingoslim

Practically Family
Love the color . . .

cooncatbob said:
2155525448_d94fb4d708.jpg

The Dusty Rose

Is this the same Moss Green as the sportaire, or something different . . .
and would you mind if I get one just like it :)

cooncatbob

Practically Family
mingoslim said:
Is this the same Moss Green as the sportaire, or something different . . .
and would you mind if I get one just like it :)

It's actually Hickory/ Pecan, the flash make it look much lighter and the ribbon look peachier then it really is.
No I don't mind.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
That's it!!!!

Once again you guys are trouble!!!

As of this moment... I vow to not buy another hat, until I have the honor (and the $$ saved) of joining the AF Hall of Fame!!!

Now I have to try to make a decision as to which style and color!!

When are those tax returns supposed to arrive????

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
To the limits of the felt and beyond~!

Jerekson said:
Art can make fully custom hats, right? It's not limited to the generic models, is it?

He indeed can. Mister Fawcett can construct fedoras, porkpies, and homburgs to customer specification. The limited edition models exist in large part as sources of inspiration for custom hats, which are the majority of of what is ordered from him. (i.e. "Like the Trackside, but in whiskey with overwelt brim.")

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Jerekson said:
Art can make fully custom hats, right? It's not limited to the generic models, is it?

Art will gladly work with you to come up with what you want. Some people here have spent months and many coversations working toward the perfect hat concept. Others have just left Art to whip up something new. I've seen some unusual designs, but I have yet to see an ugly hat leave Art's workshop. Of course, I've never gone through his trash... lol

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Not-Bogart13 said:
I think this is steel. The designed was a modified "Sportaire". Nothing in my collection comes close. The only reason I haven't ordered another from Art is that I can't decide what to get! (So many hats, so little money).

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/micha...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

NB

It was pointed out to me that the link above is dead. So, here's the new one. Same hat, and as Art originally corrected, the felt color is "granite" not "steel".

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb36/Fedora_Dog/Custom Art Fawcett/

Even though my Art Fawcett collection has grown considerablt, this one - which I often call the "Stormchaser" due to an incident with a tornado - remains one of my go-to hats. Classic design, classic color, and extremely versatile. I don't know what I'd do without it.

duggap

Banned
Well, I will try and get help posting pictures to show off my fifth work of Art. I got the HST in powder blue with a little wider ribbon. It is a beautiful hat but I am finding it difficult to match colors with it. Oh well, it's still a beaut.:)

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I bought one of those plastic things for my work of Art to rest on...Now I'm just waiting for the gov'ment cheese check to come in...:eusa_clap :D

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not-Bogart13 said:
It was pointed out to me that the link above is dead. So, here's the new one. Same hat, and as Art originally corrected, the felt color is "granite" not "steel".

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb36/Fedora_Dog/Custom Art Fawcett/

Even though my Art Fawcett collection has grown considerablt, this one - which I often call the "Stormchaser" due to an incident with a tornado - remains one of my go-to hats. Classic design, classic color, and extremely versatile. I don't know what I'd do without it.

This hat makes my jaw drop, it's simply one of the finest fedoras I've ever seen (okay, all of Art's hats fall into that category). The colour, the crown, the brim, the ribbon - all just look so perfect. NotBogart, if hats were women, this one would be Rita Hayworth! :D

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, after going through this thread (again--it's great fun!) I realized that I've never posted my own works of Art here. So forgive the redundancy of it, but here they are.

The Faulkner:

p1050739da1.jpg

with its sister Montecristi (blocked by Art):

p1050748zh1.jpg

And the Tropic-Aire:

p1011198he4.jpg

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Benny Holiday said:
This hat makes my jaw drop, it's simply one of the finest fedoras I've ever seen (okay, all of Art's hats fall into that category). The colour, the crown, the brim, the ribbon - all just look so perfect. NotBogart, if hats were women, this one would be Rita Hayworth! :D

My hat blushes. Thank you for what is probably the greatest compliment I could imagine. I hope Art sees that one. Now, if only he could make me my very own Ms. Hayworth!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
AlanC said:
Well, after going through this thread (again--it's great fun!) I realized that I've never posted my own works of Art here. So forgive the redundancy of it, but here they are.

The Faulkner:

p1050739da1.jpg

with its sister Montecristi (blocked by Art):

p1050748zh1.jpg

And the Tropic-Aire:

p1011198he4.jpg
SSSWWWWEEETTT!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran