Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
barrowjh said:
Two really sharp hats!

Thanks John,

We really like them. Joselyn is getting a Green pug from Art so she can save the Orange one for UT games. It's pretty close to UT Orange in the sunlight. (Our daughter is finishing up her first year there)

Now I'm thinking Straw from Art as the next on the list.

Wilbur
310.jpg
[/IMG]

Chinaski

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:
Thanks Art, this is my very finest VS...incredible color - very rich, but light at the same time - beautiful undertones of caramel with a hint of orangey and red sunset hues - congratulations on the recreation of this Portis classic color. A quick pic, more at the weekend. It`s my first non-stingy too! 2 1/4" overwelt brim :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DSC_8066.jpg

Not a stingy! We need to see you wearing that one, D.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Bluesman61 said:
"It's time!!!!!! What is your pleasure sir?" Art.

Won't be long now, just got this message from Art! Decisions, decisions!

:eusa_clap
How exciting for you. Whatever you do, you won't be disappointed. I wore my silverbelly again today and after a year it is just now really beginning to settle in and fit like a glove. It is my go to hat.
027-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Jauntyone

Practically Family
My new VS summer fedora in Mojave light-weight felt with a 2 3/8 inch brim. This one actually arrived a few weeks ago while I was on vacation but I couldn't post pictures at the time. It got some wear in the States where it was pretty warm, but it'll be a few weeks before I can wear it here!
Thanks for a fantastic hat, Art!

usa2010002.jpg

usa2010003.jpg

usa2010004.jpg

usa2010005.jpg

usa2010007.jpg

usa2010006.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jauntyone said:
My new VS summer fedora in Mojave light-weight felt with a 2 3/8 inch brim. This one actually arrived a few weeks ago while I was on vacation but I couldn't post pictures at the time. It got some wear in the States where it was pretty warm, but it'll be a few weeks before I can wear it here!
Thanks for a fantastic hat, Art!
That's a very nice one. I like the color combination, as well as the shape of the crown. I have also been thinking about a light-colored dress hat, after watching William Powell with a light-colored hat in one of the Thin Man movies from the 1930s. It's a good look I don't see much of. Everyone opts for a dark dress hat if they have a dress hat.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Color comparison to the Camel

Whilst the camel seems a `solid` color, the Sunset is almost `metallic`, with different hues from different angles. Truely a unique and remarkable color...

April2010008-1.jpg

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Finally bit the bullet!

I just put my deposit down on a new work of Art!!!!! Can't wait!!!! Stay tuned as I might need some help picking colors brim lengths ect.!!!! Thanks to all those who have posted their hats ... this group is such a great resource!!!!!!

Kk

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Kkaderly said:
I just put my deposit down on a new work of Art!!!!! Can't wait!!!! Stay tuned as I might need some help picking colors brim lengths ect.!!!! Thanks to all those who have posted their hats ... this group is such a great resource!!!!!!

Kk

All Arts colors are great. I found that holding a sample next to an existing hat or even next to suits at a haberdashers will give you a better idea of their true color. Enjoy the journey.
Tom D.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Don`t even think twice about it...I don`t mind...that is the finest color that I have ever seen in a modern felt. In every angle it take on a different hue, quite incredible. I`d be happy to know you made a fine choice, and I`ll be able to challenge Art on a future hat to take modern hat making to yet another higher pinacle ;) :rolleyes:

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
daizawaguy said:

Great hat .... The color is awsome the bow is the neatest thing i've ever seen ... Was that your idea or Art's???

Looks like that color is quite a bit darker then the Mojave is this correct?

Thanks!!
Kk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy