Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Crazy Legs, your new VS in whiskey is beautiful. I am sure you will grow to love it even more as every day goes by.

You seem to be a natural for wearing fedoras. You look great in the Stetson Temple, in fact, I put you in my library of excellent examples of Temples.

The Silver Mist will look good with that lighter colored suit in your first picture.

Welcome!

DRB ...
Thanks for sharing the link to your collection.

There are some great hats!:eusa_clap

I'm part way through restoring a Resistol satin finish navy fedora ... nothing really special, but it's a pretty navy, and I'm really coming to appreciate navy hats more.

Yours looks especially nice.

Thanks again,

Sam

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
My Black Cherry VS showed up today. It exceeded my expectations and I'm tickled silly.
blackcherry010.jpg

blackcherry014.jpg

blackcherry017.jpg

Compared to a Oxblood VS
blackcherry023.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Bart, you are going to have to get a cane now, to keep all the ladies off of you when you wear that hat. :eusa_clap

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Ya know, I don't think the Black Cherry is for me and my wardrobe but I really enjoy seeing the pictures. Its such a unique color that I've never seen anywhere before and it does make a beautiful hat.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Recently I was trying to come up with a way to get some use out of a Royal Stetson that my sister found at a rummage sale and gave to me years ago. It was in new condition, but it was from that "Trilby" age ... short crown, stingy brim.
Then two things happened. I figured out how to undo the "underwelt" whatever you call the sewn under brim. When I was done, it had a nice, fairly wide brim. I was thrilled.
Of course, it still had that short crown.
One Saturday the bolt of lightning struck ... pork pie!
I started looking at pics and came across the absolutely beautiful ones on Art's website.
I used them as an example to follow and now the Stetson is ... not a daily wear ... but a much more enjoyable hat.
To be honest ... this goes without saying ... it's still not anywhere near as nice as these beauties, but their inspiration was certainly useful.
Thanks, Art.

Sam

marshack

New in Town
Art Fawcett certainly makes some beautiful hats. Are there any examples (and pictures) of any less formal and more casual hats?

thanks for any help you can give.

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
That natural hat makes my decision between a pecan or a natural for my first VS that much harder! I think I will let Art decide. And marshack, I will have an example of just that by around the first of December!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred