Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Nice hats BR. How wide is the brim on the second one?

Link, The brim on the sombrero is 4". That is the main difference between the older hats and the new. This would be considered a very narrow brim today; most modern hats have 4 1/2" to 4 3/4" brims.

Lovely hats.

Another little push down at the back IMHO would make it even better.

I wasn't satisfied with the crown but wasn't sure why. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks

David, Thank you, I'm sure that I'll enjoy the Artlite.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
BRGordon, congratulations on your new Silverbelly. If the crease doesn't hold by itself, steam or wetness will solve the problem, with sprinkled distilled water having the advantage of allowing way more time for shaping. Either of these options can be used to make the crease sharper.

In my case though, I ended up renting much of it to the film industry whenever a period film came around so the wife didn't object much when the $ came in. It also taught me to renovate because of the inevitable damage from the film.

Those are highly interesting detaills, especially the part about the renovations. Thanks for sharing with us.

Last edited:

dnjan

One Too Many
Art-Lite colours

Could someone direct me to a list of the colours available in Art-lite bodies?

I would e-mail Art himself, but the time he would use answering would take him away from completing another of his creations.

and I wouldn't want to delay anyone's hat!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Don, My understanding is that Winchester is not suppling any new light weight bodies, so Art is limited to those which he currently has. At the time I ordered my Artlite he had silverbelly, silvermist, dark moss, powder blue, and sahara. To be sure you really need to contact Art.

i hope that this is helpful.

BR

Link

One of the Regulars
I emailed Art last week to ask about lightweight bodies in silverbelly. He said he had two at that time. He may still have the other one available. I did not ask about any other colors.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
It really is a shame that these lightweight felts are no longer made. My ArtLites are among my absolute favorite hats and are great at this time of year.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Could someone direct me to a list of the colours available in Art-lite bodies?

I would e-mail Art himself, but the time he would use answering would take him away from completing another of his creations.

and I wouldn't want to delay anyone's hat!

Don, I'm down to black (3), dark moss (3), powder blue (5), silverbelly (2), and sahara (2). I have a few more on hold for clients but can't offer them till the final decisions are made.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I only have one of Art's creations (that's all I can afford) and at the time I ordered it I did not know about the Artlite felts. Now I think I would have gone with the Artlite. I love the way my fedora looks but the felt is a little thick compared to some vintage lids I have. But still one of my favorite hats!

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
I only have one of Art's creations (that's all I can afford) and at the time I ordered it I did not know about the Artlite felts. Now I think I would have gone with the Artlite. I love the way my fedora looks but the felt is a little thick compared to some vintage lids I have. But still one of my favorite hats!
Wear it in a couple down pours. They just get better. My standard Dark Moss really hold it's crease while staying soft as well, 100% beaver.
Tom D.

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
Two new hats arrived!
bluesmoke 5.3/4 crown, 2,1/8 brim, charocal ribbon.
milan 5.1/2 crown , 2inch brim with a party ribbon.
Verry nice hats, the blue smoke compared to the sahara that I already got is much thicker and stiffer.
_MG_9695_edited-2.jpg
[/IMG]
_MG_9711_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]
_MG_9709_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]
_MG_9709_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]
_MG_9719_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]
_MG_9725_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]