Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
I have the day off today, so this morning I watched like a hawk for the postman to come by. He stopped in front of our house to put mail in the box but didn't get out of his truck, so I was sure he didn't have Art's hat for me. Next, he drove up the street and made some other stops and TURNED AROUND AND CAME BACK. Of course, I thought he had overlooked the box of wonder I am waiting for, but instead HE DROVE RIGHT PAST OUR HOUSE. :eek: :rolleyes: No hat today. Bummer!

lol lol It is comforting to know I'm not the only one that did that. Makes me feel less like a dork, despite what my wife says.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
lol lol It is comforting to know I'm not the only one that did that. Makes me feel less like a dork, despite what my wife says.

You know, Bart, I made it fine through the long wait,the one before i knew my name was up in the que, but the short wait, the wait after I know Art has mailed the hat, is just a killer. When I saw the mailman turn around and come back, my heart started racing. Is that normal or are we crazy?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
You know, Bart, I made it fine through the long wait,the one before i knew my name was up in the que, but the short wait, the wait after I know Art has mailed the hat, is just a killer. When I saw the mailman turn around and come back, my heart started racing. Is that normal or are we crazy?

Of course we are...............uhm........normal:D It lets you be a kid again waiting for Christmas morning. Heck, I literally jumped in my truck and chased the mailman down the road when I didn't hear the doorbell ring. And I had had taken the day off just to wait on the hat. Okay, on second thought maybe we are crazy. But its Arts fault.lol

BobC

handlebar bart said:
Of course we are...............uhm........normal:D It lets you be a kid again waiting for Christmas morning. Heck, I literally jumped in my truck and chased the mailman down the road when I didn't hear the doorbell ring. And I had had taken the day off just to wait on the hat. Okay, on second thought maybe we are crazy. But its Arts fault.lol

Good idea. Let's blame Art.

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Yes, the short wait is much worse than the long wait. I am back in the que for the long wait. No big deal. But when you know the hat is in the mail, it can be torture. We feel for you BobC.

BobC

Well, here's my sad story for today. The postman brought Art's hat today, but we were both at work. Instead of the hat he left a pink piece of paper with a note telling me he'd bring it back on Tuesday. :(

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Hey hey hey hey... Mister Postman...

BobC said:
Well, here's my sad story for today. The postman brought Art's hat today, but we were both at work. Instead of the hat he left a pink piece of paper with a note telling me he'd bring it back on Tuesday. :(

You have my sympathies; I was away when the postman tried to deliver the Sesquipedalian earlier this year. Of course, he didn't do the courtesy of leaving a notice the way that yours did. As has been observed, it is not very bad to wait for it to be created, but awaiting the delivery can be agonizing.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
:eek: :rage: :rage: I say off with his head!!:kick:

Or at least a mean look....:rolleyes: lol

duggap

Banned
Trackside

Well I promise to get me a ten year old and have them teach me how to post pictures as I have no idea where to start. But I did want to brag about my new Trackside in midnight blue with a matching blue ribbon. Best hat yet from Art and that one was number six of the beavers with two Panamas. It got here on Friday so Friday night I wore it to a high school football game. The hat looks great with a suit and just as good with jeans and a button down shirt. Thanks Art.:D

BobC

duggap said:
Well I promise to get me a ten year old and have them teach me how to post pictures as I have no idea where to start. But I did want to brag about my new Trackside in midnight blue with a matching blue ribbon. Best hat yet from Art and that one was number six of the beavers with two Panamas. It got here on Friday so Friday night I wore it to a high school football game. The hat looks great with a suit and just as good with jeans and a button down shirt. Thanks Art.:D

We need pictures, duggap! lol You need to sign up for photobucket or some other picture hosting site, upload your pics there, then paste links to your pics into your posts. Each picture will have a link under it. Maybe someone else can explain it better than me, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy.

BobC

carter said:
AND...You can use it as a hat rack when the lamp isn't on! :D

(I need a picture of this. hmmm.....anyone got a camera?)

Do you know where I can get one? I'm up for it.

Nevermind, I googled it. ;) I like the desktop version.lol

BobC

Today after all my confusion and a loooonnnnng wait, I got to put on my head what I've been waiting for. I picked up this box at the post office:

IMG_0377.jpg

Inside it was this box:

IMG_0378.jpg

Inside the black box was the prize:

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

And this is the head it goes on:

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Was the wait worth the prize? Yes, it was! My pictures don't begin to do justice to this work of art by Art, and you have to touch one of these and see it live to believe it. This is truly a beautiful thing. Wow! Thank you, Art!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
He schemes

That is quite a striking hat, especially the straightness of the crown and wide edge binding, both features that I am very fond of. I rather like the color of the felt, could you perchance tell us what it is?

BobC

Thank you, Russ, rrog, Scion, Delthayre, Karl and Colby.

Delthayre, the color is granite. This is my first VS from Art Fawcett (though not my last) and I wanted a neutral color. Several loungers recommended this color, and Art told me it was his most neutral color. My pictures don't do it justice, but my wife and several others see it as gray, but I can see some brown tones in it as well.

CJ, there was very little collaboration involved. I told Art I wanted a granite Sportaire with a wide brim binding like a whippitt. Art suggested I let him run with this first one, which I agreed to readily, having seen so much of his work posted here. This hat is the result of Art's vision and his creativity. It is a beautiful thing and I'm very pleased to have it and wear it for Art.

Thank you, Art!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters