Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

gambit

New in Town
That's an awesome hat, Rogera. It looks good on you.

I'm sad now because I missed the shipment of my hat today, so I have to wait until Monday. Argh!

hatband

One of the Regulars
Great hat Rogera. What bash did you put in it? These felts of Art's are such great quality. I really had problems choosing a final one. Guess I will just have to think about getting another. Got the bug!!!

barrowjh

One Too Many
Roger, gotta add my applause, very nice looking hat. I am curious about the felt, color, finish, and ribbon color. In the pics it looks like natural, but that could be the flash washing out a darker color which would most likely be pecan, in agreement with g.durand. Very nice looking hat.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's an awesome hat, Rogera. It looks good on you.

I'm sad now because I missed the shipment of my hat today, so I have to wait until Monday. Argh!

Good lookin' hat, Roger. Is that Pecan? What are the dimensions (crown height, brim width)?

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone! Gambit I know the feeling. Mine showed up last Friday and I missed the mailman and had to wait until TUESDAY!

The dimensions of this hat creased (rough, hand-creased teardrop) are a 4.25 front crease up to a 4.5 on the sides and I think 3.75 or so on the back. The brim is 2.5" and it is Pecan.
I was looking for an everyday hat that is simple, classic and not too dressy and Art knows how to read minds!

Rogera

Thanks Che! The Art Fawcett Owners Association sure is good company! A collection of finely hatted gentlemen to be sure!!

Rogera

Very nice Roger...I really like the ribbon width!
Well done to Art and you both!
Thank you very much! I can't wait to get some outside time in it but the dang temps will be near 100 from now till Nov 21st. If my wife and I go out this weekend its going too regardless of the temps.

gambit

New in Town
I've been communicating back and forth with Art about coming up with a hat. I had some ideas on different felt and ribbon colors I wanted, trying to avoid the traditional black band in particular. Initially I wanted a greenish hat and wondered if a purple band would work, so I started with the Pinetop in light sage as the base. Art sent me a photo, but we agreed that it didn't work, so we moved towards the dark moss color and I told him other ribbons I had wanted at one point or another, such as copper, and wondered if it would work. He gave me a few pics of the dark moss with different ribbon colors I was considering plus others he thought might work, and from there I made my decision.

When I finally put in my order, I asked for a featherweight dark moss Pinetop with the camel ribbon he found which we both agreed looked best out of all others in consideration. When it came in, I was pleasantly surprised he made some adjustments, turning the thin, vertical stripe knot of the Pinetop to a V-stripe, and adding a couple of stitching around the brim! Again, I am just amazed at Art's work!

r01.jpg

r02.jpg

r03.jpg

r04.jpg

r05.jpg

r06.jpg

r07.jpg

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
That's a fine looking and distinctive hat.

Agree 100% Gambit, distinctive but tasty. Love the color combo.

A late shout out of congrats to hatband, g., and Rogera too, all fine VS lids.

Reading this thread is dangerous temptation for someone who needs to avoid more debt. Been trying to ignore it lately but just can't. Art's art can't be ignored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy