Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looking good, Gambit. The Dark Moss felt is really nice and the ribbon colour compliments it well. I'm enjoying seeing the new knot styles Art is coming out with these days.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My first Art VS . It's been around the block , lounge , a few times .I am working out a ribbon to replace what was on when I got it but haven't settled on one yet although I like the contrast of silver or grey agonist this color felt.
D233BD1F-444D-41F1-BECE-284B31D5598B-11061-0000134F5005EA8F_zps0a318343.jpg

gambit

New in Town
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Now I've been thinking of getting a coat to match the hat!

Bond: If you talk to Art, he can probably give you suggestions and some pics of color samples that he has. That's what he did for my new one when I was deciding what color to go with.

Last edited:

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oooooohhh Gambit that is nice. I really like the brim stitching and those colors. Wow!

Bond thats a classy lid too!

gambit

New in Town
I thought I'd show the pics that lead up to the hat. The idea started with a culmination of two ideas. The first was seeing the dark moss and light sage hats on this thread and wanting to get one at one point. The second is going through ebay and, because of lighting or camera quality, see hats that looked like they have dark purple bands, only to be disappointed in finding out they are black bands. So looking through this thread some more and Art's site, I decided to try the light sage felt first. I sent a message to Art to asking if he can take a pic of a purple ribbon on the light sage felt to see how it looked and this is what he sent:

Get_Inline.jpg

Agreeing with Art that it didn't completely work out, I decided to switch to dark moss and asked for pics of that felt color with not only the purple ribbon, but copper (another ribbon color I wanted at one point when going through this thread) and any others Art thought might work. These are what he sent me:

Purple
Purple.jpg

Lavendar
Lavendar.jpg

Copper
Copper.jpg

Camel
Camel.jpg

He suggested the camel, which I agreed, but decided to ask around some of my friends as well. For one thing, the other color combinations seems familiar in an odd way. I couldn't place it until a friend says the purple and copper with that dark moss felt kind of looks like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles color. As much as I liked TMNT, it was something I didn't want to be reminded of in a fedora. So with that and the majority agreeing that the camel was the best color match, I put in an order for a Pinetop style in dark moss with the camel ribbon in featherweight (another option I wanted after reading about it in this thread). The rest is what I mentioned earlier, with the nice adjustment of vertical thin stripe to V-stripe ribbon knot and the stitching on the brim.

P1000579.jpg

Again, I want to thank Art for all his work he has done, even if I felt I might have been a hassle with all my pic requests.

hatband

One of the Regulars
Agree 100% Gambit, distinctive but tasty. Love the color combo.

A late shout out of congrats to hatband, g., and Rogera too, all fine VS lids.

Reading this thread is dangerous temptation for someone who needs to avoid more debt. Been trying to ignore it lately but just can't. Art's art can't be ignored.

Thanks Mike.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Reading this thread is dangerous temptation for someone who needs to avoid more debt. Been trying to ignore it lately but just can't. Art's art can't be ignored.

You are 100% correct, Mike. I really need to block this thread somehow!

I blame hatband totally for my latest expense!

Missouri Mason

Familiar Face
I just sent my conformer back to Art for my first VS, and this thread already has me planning another one! This is definitely an addiction lol. Probably just as expensive too :-0

seabass

Call Me a Cab
My wife met Art & enjoyed how we all klicked
So I'm always allowed permission as long as I have the scratch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy