Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Well, after the Worth and Worth black hat fiasco, I did what I should have done the first time: ordered one from Art. Today, I got the perfect belated birthday present in the mail, a custom VS Dualist! It's a little bit like the black Stetson I also just got back from Art, but also inspired by an old Stetson that Justin posted some time back. The vintage Milan eBay hat ended up being just too small (and slightly faded) so Art ended up using his own straw. The sun is out today, though it's not quite straw season in the bay, but I'm definitely ready! Thanks Art, it's fantastic!

Edit: different pics, because hats always look better on a block.
I bet a hat like the VS Dualist in lighter colors would work well on a tropical, rainy, garden island!
:)

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This Powder Blue Dualist arrived this week. It is patterned after Mike's (@Redfokker) Duplex. With permission of course. The ribbon treatment is a bit darker and I have the gills "dog-eared."

IMG_6128.jpg IMG_6129.jpg IMG_6130.jpg IMG_6131.jpg IMG_6132.jpg IMG_6110.jpg IMG_6131a.jpg

ruvort

One of the Regulars
This Powder Blue Dualist arrived this week. It is patterned after Mike's (@Redfokker) Duplex. With permission of course. The ribbon treatment is a bit darker and I have the gills "dog-eared."

View attachment 164763 View attachment 164764 View attachment 164765 View attachment 164766 View attachment 164767 View attachment 164768 View attachment 164769

Ohhh yeah! Great hat, Bill. I contacted NW last year after seeing Mike’s hat; now I’m wishing I would have pulled the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t want to speak out of term but I believe the cost of a standard Dualist is $350. That was the cost of mine.

BTW this light sage Dualist is on the way. I should get it in a few days.

View attachment 164785

That light sage has me drooling all over my screen. From all the oohs and ahhhs I can only imagine what my wife must think I’m looking at. ;)

The Light Sage Dualist arrived today. Love the dark moss double bow with highlight. I've never seen the VS label used in the crown like this. It has Art's signature. All the others I've seen just have Art's signature.

View attachment 164989 View attachment 164990 View attachment 164991 View attachment 164992 View attachment 164993 View attachment 164994 View attachment 164995

Wow, Art is going out with a bang! I can see that getting a lot of use for many summers to come.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
"Bill Hughes, post: 2538849, member: 39236"]The Light Sage Dualist arrived today. Love the dark moss double bow with highlight. I've never seen the VS label used in the crown like this. It has Art's signature. All the others I've seen just have Art's signature."

I'm sorry Bill , I should have warned you. I simply ran out of tip stickers with my signature and a new order is WAY more than I can use this summer so I decided to simply sign in ink my VS stickers. This way you can be assured that i made the hat, giving it provenance. Hope this works for you.

Bill Hughes

"Bill Hughes, post: 2538849, member: 39236"]The Light Sage Dualist arrived today. Love the dark moss double bow with highlight. I've never seen the VS label used in the crown like this. It has Art's signature. All the others I've seen just have Art's signature."

I'm sorry Bill , I should have warned you. I simply ran out of tip stickers with my signature and a new order is WAY more than I can use this summer so I decided to simply sign in ink my VS stickers. This way you can be assured that i made the hat, giving it provenance. Hope this works for you.
I figured that was the case. Works for me Art.

DRB

One Too Many
I don’t want to speak out of term but I believe the cost of a standard Dualist is $350. That was the cost of mine.

BTW this light sage Dualist is on the way. I should get it in a few days.

View attachment 164785

Bill, that is a stunning hat. The sage color blends with the white straw. A union of two colors making one great hat. Can't wait to see you wear it. Beautiful, seriously. Get's my Hat Of The Week award :)

Bill Hughes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko