Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

lc1484

One of the Regulars
NEW VS on the way

I can't believe Art....I ordered my 3rd custom on 07/07/2009...I just checked my emails and got the tracking number and invoice...HOLY !!!!...that was fast!

I asked Art if he was taking meth or something lately to spit out all these customs...now the nail biting starts...

It was a stingier hat...about 5 1/4 crown, 2 in or less bound brim, CAMEL color, with a copper color ribbon treatment and maybe a hat cord...I left it up to ART...I'll be surprised when it comes...

Pics to follow

Larry
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lc1484

One of the Regulars
VS Camel Stingy

Well here is Art's lastest masterpiece which arrived yesterday

Camel 5 1/4 crown (which I diamond bashed), 1 3/4 bound brim, with a copper/rust color ribbon..white liner...

I like this one...

Thanks again Art!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
IMG_0274.jpg
IMG_0276.jpg
IMG_0277.jpg
IMG_0280.jpg

Larry

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
For the ages!

Poor Mister Fawcett's fingers must be plotting a revolution against him because of all this wonderful, but laborious elaborate bows that have appeared on his creations of late.

I very well like the deep crease of lc1484's hat and the combination is colors is one that I would never choose for my own, but that I rather admire even so.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Balanced perfection once again. I think a stingy like this will start a trend to the shorter brim this fall...:eusa_clap

metropd

One Too Many
gtdean48 said:
Here you go Chief, taken out in the back yard.. I put a quick tear drop in it = I snapped down the front brim, put the hat on while looking in the mirror, I did the front pinch & side dents then just ran my index finger around the back. This is the crease when I took it off.
VSWan6.jpg

VSWan7.jpg

VSWan8.jpg

Simply a stunning looking hat. This style felt would be great for the summer time. You could dress it up or dress it down.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
New Jazzman

It's my third work of Art and its a beaut. I asked for a Jazzman in blue smoke. In addition I'd been trying for a while to get the Hollywood brim right like in those C&K ads. Well, by a quirk of fate, Art flanged the hat in a way that allows that brim to be replicated. I also planned to give it a center crease (again like those C&K ads) but found that a 5" crown is about all I can handle. So I gave it a deep modified diamond. In addition, the finish is much smoother than my other VS hats. Art told me that he's using a new suede like finish that's new. It feels like my vintage Dobbs from the late 1940s-early 1950s. Let me know what you think of the bash. And thanks, Art, for another great hat!

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy