Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh no, I've some instruments to sell and money to save before I can afford my own work of Art. I'm very much eager to own one, but people just don't want to hire a college student at home for the summer in this economy...so the savin' is slow.

One day, though...I've only owned three hats, all Akubras, so far. I believe that I still have some experience to gain before I go custom...like actually being able to shape a passable center dent (all mine turn into freakin' teardrops!).

Although...that limited edition Sportaire meets all the requirements I've been looking for in a hat...hmmm...

Mikey P

One of the Regulars
I just put my deposit down for my first VS!! I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Whiskey, but I'll make the final decision when the swatches come in.

I can't wait!!! :D :D :D

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Thanks!

Thanks for all the compliments on my new VS!!!!

Yes Jeff I really like the bond edge although I was not sure about it since I have never owned one before ... Basically all I told Art was that I wanted the binding to be thin. It really does change colors depending on the light. It actually has just a hint of mouse blue in it ... I guess that was what Art saw with the color combo on the ribbon. The ribbon is all Art's I said "I kind of like stacked bows and I love the little color flair you put in all your bows". If/when I order another one I think I will say "Hey Art ... I want a hat" and let him do the rest !!!!

See you all in a week ... I have trout to catch!!!

Kk

Jabos

A-List Customer
Musashi said:
Sorry if i am overdoing this thread tonight, but I'm just really into it, and i thought i'd try to provide some useful info.

Oh Musashi, you are not overdoing anything. I appreciate you sharing the photos and discussing the black cherry. I was within one breath of buying "the last" optimo oxblood in April (I just couldn't pay $550 for a hat, given my socioeconomic status!lol ), before they came out with another "limited run" of oxblood felts this summer. My opinion is they are milking the "we won't have it anymore" sales pitch as much as possible. I'm sure the Optimo is great (BobC's hat is great looking) but I'm so glad I waited, especially after seeing your hat and the info. Thanks!!!!!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
The Sunset color at sunset...

May2010007-5.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Musashi & D'guy, wonderful looking hats! Thank you for sharing.

Here is my contribution: on a walk about with my VS beaver in whiskey color at Stowe, VT.

July172010StoweVermontRetreatsma-1.jpg

Thanks Art, it fits perfectly and I love it dearly.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Me Too!

Cane Rod Maker said:
It was between Whiskey and Pecan for me, I did decide on Whiskey, very nice hat.....but I still need a Pecan.lol

I labored over the same decision ... I really think you can't go wrong with either one ... however I do love my Pecan!!! OK sorry don't want to make it harder then it is to decide ... and trust me I know how hard it is to decide!!!!lol

DRB

One Too Many
Even though I have a whiskey, I too am longing for another hat in pecan. Great minds think alike.

DRB

One Too Many
Whiskey is a great color. If you get a chance to see one in person, go for it. Mine is my favorite. It is the favorite of my co-workers too. I do think my next two hats will be Pecan and some sort of lighter cream color. hmmmmmmmmmm.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Does anyone have one of Art's HST models? And if so, could you post any pics you may have? Especially pics with the lid atop your head. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner