Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Pecan Featherwieght

Just arrived.
This is my first featherweight. I love this felt. I think I have to get another one before they are all gone.
Copper ribbon
5.25" open crown
2.5" double stitched underwelted brim

VSPecanfeatherwieghtAug20103quarterview.jpg

VSPecanfeatherwieghtAug2010frontnoggin.jpg

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Yep!

The Lark said:
Mine will be Silverbelly. I've been staring at Johnny Depp's silver hat for months thinking "I want that, I want that, I want that".

Mine too!!!!!!!!!!!! I think [huh]

DRB

One Too Many
Lloyd, congratulations on the new VS hat. I am sure it was worth waiting for. On my monitor, the noggin picture looks more representative of the pecan color. The first picture looks lighter, more like whiskey.

So, what colors do you own now?

DRB

One Too Many
Lloyd, forgot to say, that is a hat that I would not hesitate to wear with pride down the street. Love the brim. Does the featherweight lose it's shape easily?

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
About a month ago I got my first (hopefully not last) Vintage Silhouette hat. 5 1/2" open crown with dimensional brim. Blue Smoke with dark blue ribbon and purple liner. Not to sound patronizing, but after having this hat for a while it's clear why we call Mr. Fawcett "Art" and not "Arthur" - what he makes is art.

4861028435_9a4489b52e_b.jpg

4861652320_b1c5c2fe2d_b.jpg

4861654540_fd56f9ac64_b.jpg

4861035939_668234574d_b.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
FurFeltFedora said:
About a month ago I got my first (hopefully not last) Vintage Silhouette hat. 5 1/2" open crown with dimensional brim. Blue Smoke with dark blue ribbon and purple liner. Not to sound patronizing, but after having this hat for a while it's clear why we call Mr. Fawcett "Art" and not "Arthur" - what he makes is art.

Man oh man, that's a gorgeous hat, FFF!! I want that crown and brim shape but in a different color. What model did you ask Art for, FFF?

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
No model Blackthorn, just a discussion about what I did and didn't want. That's what makes dealing with Art so easy. I just said I wanted a straight open crowned hat with dimensional brim. Told him how high and how wide I wanted it. The approximate height of the ribbon and asked for it to be dark blue or black, his choice. Picked the colour of the hat, gave him a choice on the lining (I'm glad he went with purple because I love it) and let him go. I would most definitely go for more from Art.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Nice lid, FFF. I'd love to see a photo or two that captures that Blue Smoke color (seems like the bright sunlight may be washing it out a bit, yes?).

Cheers,
JtL

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
You are correct JTL - the light is washing it out a bit. I've been busy as all hell and haven't had a chance to take a studio shot. If I get the chance I'll take a shot and post a pic.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Lloyd and FFF, those are great hats.:eusa_clap

DRB, I have 3 VS featherweight hats, and they don't lose their shape, but if you drop them a dent can form, but you just knock it out. They're great summer hats.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
FurFeltFedora said:

Beautiful!

Lloyd

A-List Customer
DRB said:
Lloyd, congratulations on the new VS hat. I am sure it was worth waiting for. On my monitor, the noggin picture looks more representative of the pecan color. The first picture looks lighter, more like whiskey.

So, what colors do you own now?

You're right about the colors in the pics

I now own, in order of acquisition,
Dark Moss
Rust
Oxblood
Black
Forest Green
Pecan
I think Whiskey is my next choice unless I decide I want another feather weight, then it's probably Chocolate or a repeat on the Dark Moss. Of course that's just the current thought process, as it gets closer to making a final decision I'll probably change my mind. I'll try and post a family portrait this afternoon when I get home.

I can't really answer the question about the feather weights loosing their shape yet since I've had this hat for less than 24 hours. And the bash that Art put in it is pretty much perfect. So far I feel no compulsion to start playing with the bash, although I sure I will soon lol

Lando

Practically Family
Figured I would just add this one to the ever growing list of impressive hats Art has created. Its based on the Hoosier dimensions but once I saw that oxblood I just had to have it in that color. Absolutely great hat. Thanks Mr. Fawcett.

4864262672_13e50efcb6_z.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Lando said:
Figured I would just add this one to the ever growing list of impressive hats Art has created. Its based on the Hoosier dimensions but once I saw that oxblood I just had to have it in that color. Absolutely great hat. Thanks Mr. Fawcett.

4864262672_13e50efcb6_z.jpg

Nice. I love the ribbon color with the oxblood

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner