Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
A new dove-grey thin-ribbon from Art arrived today:
IMG_7062.jpg

It has a 2 5/8" brim; I was a bit hesitant to go so wide, but Art assured me that I'd look O.K. in it, and I think he's right. Thanks Art!

Looking forward to the bash! Great color choice!

DRB

One Too Many
I think a 2 5/8" would look good on you. You are rather tall, so you should be able to pull it off. How high is the open crown?

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
A new dove-grey thin-ribbon from Art arrived today:

It has a 2 5/8" brim; I was a bit hesitant to go so wide, but Art assured me that I'd look O.K. in it, and I think he's right. I'll post pictures of me wearing it as soon as I can.
Thanks Art!

That's a beauty. Nice color choice!

Jauntyone

Practically Family
I only had a few minutes to fondle...er, examine the hat before heading off to work, so I'm not sure about the crown height; I'll measure it tonight.
The color is very neutral; a beautiful shade of grey. I'm sure it will go well with just about any color clothes.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
VERY nice!

Hey Art = How does this dove-grey compare to the Seabiscuit hat?

It depends Tom on which color you are speaking of. As you know in "real life" it's a silverbelly Marathon but on screen it looks silver/blue. It actually is some place in the middle. Not as brown as the Marathon but not as silver blue as the screen color. Hope that helps

I need to comment on the rlk hat. It took several tries and several days to get it to the point of acceptance of the ribbon work , first mine , then Robert's. This is my first attempt at this style & I guess once I do it a few times it will get easier but boy, this one was a bugger to get right. The hat was a true combo effort with rlk and I appreciate the help he offered & ideas. Good work Robert!!

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It depends Tom on which color you are speaking of. As you know in "real life" it's a silverbelly Marathon but on screen it looks silver/blue. It actually is some place in the middle. Not as brown as the Marathon but not as silver blue as the screen color. Hope that helps

I need to comment on the rlk hat. It took several tries and several days to get it to the point of acceptance of the ribbon work , first mine , then Robert's. This is my first attempt at this style & I guess once I do it a few times it will get easier but boy, this one was a bugger to get right. The hat was a true combo effort with rlk and I appreciate the help he offered & ideas. Good work Robert!!

Great job Art....Robert, great concept, it'll look awesome on you.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
It depends Tom on which color you are speaking of. As you know in "real life" it's a silverbelly Marathon but on screen it looks silver/blue. It actually is some place in the middle. Not as brown as the Marathon but not as silver blue as the screen color. QUOTE]

I hope you don't mind me posting this pic Art, but for those that haven't seen it, here's a pic of me wearing the Seabiscuit fedora. Art took this shot a number of years ago when I was at his shop. Needless to say a Jeff Bridges I ain't.

IMG_20060616_0001_4.jpg

Art's creations put it to shame BTW.

fedoralover

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
All of these Masterpieces are making me wish that my work of Art was done! I think in the following weeks it should and I will definetly post some pics. Beautiful work Art!!

It depends Tom on which color you are speaking of. As you know in "real life" it's a silverbelly Marathon but on screen it looks silver/blue. It actually is some place in the middle. Not as brown as the Marathon but not as silver blue as the screen color.

I hope you don't mind me posting this pic Art, but for those that haven't seen it, here's a pic of me wearing the Seabiscuit fedora. Art took this shot a number of years ago when I was at his shop. Needless to say a Jeff Bridges I ain't.

IMG_20060616_0001_4.jpg

Art's creations put it to shame BTW.

fedoralover

MANY thanks. It does look more tannish in you photo FedoraLover than the screen version. Guess the movie camera adds pounds to us & blue to Silverbelly!!!!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
MANY thanks. It does look more tannish in you photo FedoraLover than the screen version. Guess the movie camera adds pounds to us & blue to Silverbelly!!!!

It has something to do with what media is used to film it Tom. It's been a long time & I've forgotten exactly how it goes but there is a visual difference between film & video tape. One changes the brightness somehow, thus the color differences. Thanks for posting that pic Rich, I'd forgotten about that one and it is very color accurate on my monitor.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
And where are the photos???
Cant wait!

Sorry, the week-end started off with a bang; I got kind of busy! I measured the crown as best I could, and I got 5 3/4", but I could be wrong.
Here's a quick picture with the hat creased:
IMG_7071.jpg

It sure does fit nice! I like the wider brim, too.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Sorry, the week-end started off with a bang; I got kind of busy! I measured the crown as best I could, and I got 5 3/4", but I could be wrong.

Awesome lid!

Hamletsghost

New in Town
I have been lurking here at The Fedora Lounge for over a year now, since I got my first Akubra, and decided I could finally carry off a "Gentlemen's" hat.
I have enjoyed the Lounge very much, & just recently started a little more active posting.

Some of the most enjoyable reading I have had has been while dreaming and drooling over Mr Fawcett's magnificent creations. And I mean it - from first to last every one I have seen, they are ALL truely a masterpiece.
This evening I have just spent the last five and a half hours :eeek: reading this thread from start to finish - and while I have read parts of this and seen most of the other post's, about Art's hat's, in the archives in the past, reading and scrutinizing every picture at one sitting is amazing.
What a testament to this wonderful artist's craft.
It is evident from all of you that his love and passion for his craft has been felt by every one of you who has posted here.
AND from all your reports this man is a real prince of a guy on top of it. What a great combination.

To recieve a piece of art from Art is definitely a goal, I hope soon to be realized.
Now don't send the conformer quite yet - I still need to save some more shekels - but soon - Hopefully very soon I will make the initial contact, and start the wonderful journey the rest of you have taken.
I will be setting your friend quite a task, fitting a chapeau to this crazy ol' man's noggin. Because I really believe what I have in mind will definately put Art's "You want me to do what?" byline to the test.
Until then - I will be happily dreaming and drooling over this gentleman's most wonderful handiwork.

How lucky you all are to have taken this journey of creation - But then you know that already don't you? ;)

Hamletsghost :cool:

Last edited:

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
IMG_7071.jpg

That hat looks great ... And looks great on you I think he brim length is perfect!! It looks to be one of those hats that can be worn very casual qith jeans and what not or add a suit and it's the perfect dress hat!!!! Love the color ... Nice work Art!!! The only question now is which hat to wear in the morning ... Your others look great too!! That's the main reason I havn't put my order in for a second VS ... I would spend half the morning standing in my closet not being able to choose!!!

Kk

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Does anyone have Art's dove and silverbelly they could post a picture of together??? I am interested in seeing how diffrent the colors are next to each other!!!

Thanks
Kk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner