Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Kao; Congrats to you and Art for making your vision become a reality. Excellent. Your fedoras span quite a variety of styles. I enjoy your courageous style sir. Eric -

Thanks SBG. I couldn't get a good picture but when I put it on it looks just like Standahl's. Art did his usual great job. It's an interesting hat. It feels a little less formal than a regular fedora, but I think it'll look great with an overcoat when Winter comes back.

Great hat, Aught12!

Last edited:

Brando11

A-List Customer
Aught and Kao- great, great hats! Love the Barnstormer; I've been wanting one since Art introduced them but I'm a big guy and I really need a wider brim. Stunning look to the felt on that hat.
That "Stendahl" is so cool! It's style takes me back to a whole different era.

Best-
-Brando

aught12

One of the Regulars
Aught; Absolutely "No Trouble in River City!" The thin ribbon is sharp. That hat is dynamite looking.

The dimensions sir are very classic. I have been wearing my versions of the barnstormer (mostly the same w/different ribbon) around town and country the past couple of months. I get many folks stopping what they are doing and commenting on the fedora. I have gotten comments from my wife's horse friends, former corp. america workmates of mine, travelers and many others. The point is that the style crosses many situations and occasions.

Aught, now you just have to have the fedora in many more of the colored hat felts. ;):D

Sharp lid. Good pics. I enjoy the coffee can, but not sure that coffee would beat my fav blend. Eric -

Thank you Eric. The hat is dynamite looking, and in fact I think I've found "my style." Which does mean of course that I will need more colors.

I see that you have caught on to my River City location. I do actually live in the exact same town that the musical production we're talking about refers to.

Right here in River City,
Jeff

kaosharper1

One Too Many
A better noggin shot of the Stendahl.

stendahlhat.jpg

And the model:

exhibitionist_cover.jpg

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Kao - it's uncanny the way Art can bring classic hats back to life. Love the Black Cherry too!

It is, and just from the one photograph too. I've gotten many compliments on this hat. I think the crease is interesting. It's not weird but not conventional either. And I'm finding that its good for both formal and informal dress. And it looks different from different angles. Pretty neat.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
As far as I know, Musashi's Black Cherry is not a specific model from Art's Limited Editions. I assume it was rather made according to the provided specs. That would probably have been a 5.5" open crown, and a crown shape with very little or no taper (= straight sides). The ribbon is almost certainly 19 ligne (I have the very same ribbon on my Black Cherry).

After almost 2 years I have returned. Because I am looking to order another hat from Art. The collection stopped at 5 or 6.. and I lost interest due to not wanting to spend more $ for a while. My VS Black Cherry was mostly based on the hat from Public Enemies.. with some input from Art himself. I really don't know all the specs but I love it. I do hope he still has the specs and My head outline from the conformer. I am ready for another hat. :)

Brando11

A-List Customer
NHD (new hat day) today! My new VS is out for delivery- Midnight Blue w/Blk Cherry ribbon. I'm gonna have to cruise the neighborhood to find the mailman after work. Arghhh!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
NHD (new hat day) today! My new VS is out for delivery- Midnight Blue w/Blk Cherry ribbon. I'm gonna have to cruise the neighborhood to find the mailman after work. Arghhh!

Ooh, la, la midnight w/cherry - those are some colors. Brando this hat and the other you posted are truly some special colors. I bow in your direction when it comes to bolder color choices.

Can not wait to see. I hope you locate the mail-person.

Eric -

Brando11

A-List Customer
Found him! It took awhile, but I couldn't wait so I went home at lunch. Found the mailman 3 blocks away-

What a hat! This fella Art Fawcett is one remarkable guy. The colors, the felt quality, ribbon, binding, brim width, crown height, the FIT...all PERFECT. I couldn't be more pleased.

BTW, Eric, I really appreciate your comments. I think your selection of hats is among the most drool-worthy I've seen.

Take a quick peek-

Best-
-Brando

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
That is one great combination, Brando! :eusa_clap It is always a surprise what felt/ribbon-combinations go so well together.
Congrats for a fantastic new VS!

Frank

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice Brando - I like the colour combo. Great looking hat.

I think the reverse would also work well, Black Cherry felt with dark blue ribbon.

Glad you found the mailman - when I miss our guy it means it will be a hideous ordeal to have to deal with going to the Post Office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner